SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a year of pushing, the club has agreed to give this a chance. We'll start with two classes, (maybe 250 and 450??? or a Expert and Am/novice class???) two moto format to run on our Jr. Pro track, think mini SX style, hard baked dirt. We'll keep the water to a minimum before the SM classes. See our website, Waldenmx.com, for a full schedude of race dates, open practices and more as we get details nailed down.

If we get a good response we can work on a paved section for down the road, our Jr. Track manager already has an idea for how to lay it out!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Former Playboy's club, lots of changes and I'm hoping this one sticks! I-95 is a little smaller now but still there, big double added at the bottom of the hill and a nice set of rythem doubles out of the "hole". I posted in ride alerts too. I'll have Sm riders as guests as soon as the track clears to check it out, PM if interested and I'll start a list. Jim.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was there with my quad last summer. It is definately cool and plenty of track time on a practice day. Great as far as a sm dirt section.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We are going to be for sure on race date #1 and the open practice. I am not sure how we will split classes, (I can run 2 for now), and if we will even get enough for a big gate. I'm planning on riding and pulling at least 2 "C" rider friends in with me. Our web page will be updated ASAP, meeting was last night. Anyone got any cool dirt pics of motards I can send our web guy? Your chance to get yourself up on the big screen.

As a side note, Doug Henery is a Honorary member at Walden and had ridden his motard at our track a few times. A true Champion in every sense of the word, good guy everytime we had the honor of meeting him. I'm planning to get this off the ground and try to put something together for him and his family in the form of a donation. He was always very supportive of our club and would come out to our DARE event and raffle off his gear to raise $. More on this as it gets off the ground.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Just a small quip here. Any track needs to be mini friendly, I train on a dirt track that we have built so that anyone on a 50cc to a 500cc can have a positive time training on. Its not that hard to make a track work for all the possible riders other than the super fast 'pro' like racers. IMO

Ski and some others stated what a track should be like!

Nothing worse than showing up on a mini or big bike then have the track have terrible flow or poorly groomed dirt that just plain sucks to ride on at any level:rant:

I plan on making the trip to BR and certainly want nice flow to race 2 of my minis.

:cheers:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Our local Pro can do all the jumps on this track on a TTR125, I wouldn't dare it but he is smooth. Nothing crazy, good fun with shortish doubles, lots of room and no bad consequences if you mess up, you will not come up hard if short or long. Good, fun track.

·
Registered
87 Posts
there first race is on sunday april 6 and from what i read in the first post they will have two classes for us to race in.
I will be there.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts