SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there any street tarders around this area or know of anywhere to ride in this area will be there in bout 4 weeks and looking for people to ride with when i get up there or if anybody knows if there is any good twisties up in this area

·
Registered
82 Posts
im in richmond... about an hour west from you. I dont know of any places to ride in that area.. but thats not saying much as I am not fimiliar with that part of VA.

You will have to take a trip to the blue ridge parkway.. about 2 hrs west of you. The parkway itself is a decent road.. but the back roads leading from the top to the bottom of the mtn... simply amazing. I am talking back to back 180* BANKED turns.. and there is never any traffic on those roads. These are the best roads I have ever rode on, period.

Sean

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have heard about the blue ridge mountains i was thinking bout hitting it up one weekend im not a great rider but like to have fun i plan on learning a lot while im up there cuz i will not have anything to do except ride or get on the laptop seeing my wife will be here in ms while i am in training i will be up there the 25th and might try to get out there the weekend after that i dont know how the environment will be though and how easy they will be on me on post and what the climate is like up there if my bike will run the same

but i definitely want to ride with some junkies as often as possible because i have not met any in ms

·
Registered
82 Posts
I sold my drz and sv650... So I have nothing for the street right now.. if I do get something Ill let you know and we can get together.

Sean

·
Registered
35 Posts
yea man i'm in va beach. about 45mins to an hour south of you. pungo is fun no mountians or real crazy shit though. just good back, country roads. but there is still some fun to be had.:bike:

·
Registered
35 Posts
i should be free early sat or most of the day sunday hit me up 757 6399284 paul is the name.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok i will try dont know what all is gonna happen and these roads are bout to drive me NUTZZZZ virginia needs better road signs

·
Registered
35 Posts
haha yes we do. cool man look forward to hearing from you. just a heads up i'm the only sumo in my group. a few sport riders a few cruisers then there's wade and the groundpounder.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah gonna holla at you tomorrow hopefully went to va beach today to get a new tire put on and tried to go ride pungo but got lost and was trying to follow a group called no posers or something and got lost so bad experience with va roads and been getting dumb looks from everyone and on a side note are there cameras in the tunnels i did a wheelie in one today and noticed what appeared to be traffic cams afterwards and seen a few flashes what are the odds of me getting a ticket for this lol or any trouble

·
Registered
35 Posts
yea you can get turned around in pungo. some times still happens to me but for the most part it kind of make loops. some group of posers haha never heard of em. those aren't dumb looks. they are looks of question. if you had to explain they still wouldn't understand. yes i do think those where cameras but i have not heard of anyone getting tickets. anywho ride safe on your visit and take care.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
this weekend gonna definitely make a trip over there if you want to meet up ill give you call or something just pm me or post back and let me know when you want to go got to get this new tire broke in good im not that fast but looking to have fun

·
Registered
35 Posts
hit me on the cell.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just saw this thread looking to see if you guys are getting together this weekend. Drop a line if either of you see it before you head out, would like to get out and ride with some other sumos this weekend.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im going tomorrow definitely me and another guy on post with and sv are gonna try to find pungo, im gonna holla at paul/4evrbad and see if he wants to meet up also just give me a call and we will meet somewhere in va beach my number is 228-264-0994 name is jesse and i have country accent so if you cant understand me on the phone i am sorry lol if no answer leave me a message

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds good I will give you a call this afternoon and don't worry Pungo is not to hard to find just look for princess anne road and keep going

1 - 19 of 19 Posts