SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at attending a track day at VIR on the 16th of October this year with NESBA. The track day will be on the patriot track ( http://www.virnow.com/_public/media/VIR-full-facility.pdf ), I figure sense there are more turns and less long straights that i will not get destroyed by sportbikes all day. Any one on here have any experience with VIR or NESBA and what can i expect for my first track day?

oh and if anyone would like to join me, it would be nice to have someone experienced on a sumo there

http://www.nesba.com/Info/WhatIs.htm

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i emailed NESBA and they allow motards as long as they are over 500cc

·
Registered
86 Posts
i emailed NESBA and they allow motards as long as they are over 500cc
Patriot is the only course you want to run at VIR with a SM. I have been there and its great. Lots of my friends run with NESBA and love it. I am hoping to get up there for this date too.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is what i figured, the north south and full course look way to long and straight for my 90something mph motard to compete. of course there is the kart track which we are going to on the 7th. i might not even get on the normal tracks if the kart track is enough fun.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yep

Hook it up, I wanna go! I need to figure out what the hell is wrong with my bike! If I can't I'll bring my wife's 92' XT 225. Do I need to pre-register?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it is already hooked up, we are going on the 7th of august from 8-12(possibly 2). if we can get enough of a turn out the kart track will open up for only motards every 2nd and 4th sundays instead of us sharing with the karts. so come out and show your support.

·
Registered
99 Posts
NESBA is a good organization, not always the cheapest but good non the less. Rode with them for a couple years when i had my R6.

The CR's are good and always give feedback as long as you want it (if you don't stop and talk to them they aren't going to chase you down). They patrol there sessions pretty good and make sure everyone is behaving.

Make sure you go on their site and check out everything you need and your bike needs to pass tech. Don't pass tech you won't be riding

Overall they run a pretty good show

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice

My bike was down so I went to find out what it was all about. I guess there was about 7 riders there and no karts all morning, open track! Track guy said we can come next sunday for open day!!!!!!!! Here's a video of John Mcginnis (Gerry's dad) and Gerry's buddy on the track. Gonna figure out my bike probs this week and plan to be there sunday!
[/URL][/IMG]
Sorry about the video trying to zoom and can't on HD so it shakes a bit!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts