SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, called the Kart track operator and confirmed this morning. We have the track to ourselves, Supermoto only, the morning of Sunday, August 28th!

Where: VIR Kart Track, 1245 Pine Tree Road
Alton, VA 24520

When: August 28th, 2011, from 8am-12pm (possibly longer if no kart riders show up)

Price: $65, cash or credit/debit on site.

Questions? Contact me at [email protected] for fast response, or post in this thread.

NO PREREGISTRATION REQUIRED, Just show up and ride.

Gear Requirements: Nobody checked our gear last time, however, a jacket, knee pads under pants, boots, gloves, and a helmet should be considered the minimum gear required, with leathers or MX gear with pad/braces and a compression suit with MX or roadrace boots being ideal. Nobody wants to get hurt and ride away in an ambulance, it will ruin your day/week/year.

Tech Requirements: They are very lax on tech. I would remove your mirrors, and ensure you have no leaking fluids. Safety wire and catch cans are not required. Last time, guys ran without taping up headlights, but it probably is a good idea. No numbers required. Do what level of prep you feel comfortable with, keeping in mind others may be affected if your bike leaks coolant/oil/gas or you get glass or broken hard plastic on the track. Water+Waterwetter is a good idea for coolant. Sliders not required. Tech rules may be subject to change in the future as needed.

If 4 hours seems short to you, let me tell you this. I put 2 actual running hours on my bikes while I was there last Sunday, and I was BEAT at the end of the day. At 42ish seconds a lap that I was running, that is about 170 laps. :lol: 7/10 of a mile x 150 laps that I probably ran with idle time is 105 miles of riding. So, the potential to ride you ass off is there. If no Kart riders show up, we may be able to stay, or possibly alternate with pay karts throughout the afternoon. This is only the second track day at VIR, so we are all still getting used to it.

THE MORE RIDERS WHO SHOW, the more chance we have a full days and maybe a dirt section in the future. The pavement is sticky, and the layout is badass!

Video from 8/7/11

Hope to see some guys there! Post up here if you are interested in coming, and let me know if you have any questions! :thumbup:

Gerry

·
Registered
236 Posts
i will not be able to make it out on the 28th, but next time i come i will probably have a dr80 minimoto, so i can get out there vs your xr100.

·
Registered
236 Posts
haha, i dont think he cared about much of anything while we were out there. he did not even check my bike to make sure it was in good working order after i lowsided.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah...didn't he leave for a while?

I posted this on the local forum....Maybe a few will show, take some good pics while your at Summit tomorrow and VIR.

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interested. It would be awesome to get more than 4 hrs of time but I would still like to try it out.
Come out and support on the 28th, and we might get more time in the future. :thumbup: If riders don't show up, we can't expect to get more track time for nothing. Rider numbers bring power when working with tracks...

Also planning a day on September 11th, got a few guys coming from SC and the NC mountains. :D

These guys operating the track seem very receptive to Supermoto, lets show them we want to ride! :bannana:

Gerry

PS- Therapy... Bill left for a bit but the younger dude Patrick was there by then in the kart shack.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Interested. It would be awesome to get more than 4 hrs of time but I would still like to try it out.
Believe me 4hrs is plenty...Gerry and his friends are in awesome shape and still had to take a few breaks. I only rode 10-15 mins of the last hr!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
it looks like it will be a while before i can get back out there with you guys. going to 60+ hour weeks for a while. just keep the pics and vids coming to remind me of what i'm missing

·
Registered
634 Posts
Dammit I so want to go to this but I will be at Summit Point that weekend working the races as pit crew. I will try to make the next one if work permits!

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dammit I so want to go to this but I will be at Summit Point that weekend working the races as pit crew. I will try to make the next one if work permits!
Next one we will be doing after the 28th is September 11th. I'll make a thread for it soon. Got some South Carolina boys coming up to ride. :thumbup: That weekend is going to be a full one, with Summit on the 9th and VIR on the 11th! :bannana:

·
Registered
3 Posts
IN!

Super mini moto too!

Thump 125. I can't wait.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Going to try

I just sold my Husky to a friend so I could focus on getting the SXV I have sorted out... I bought it with a road racing suspension setup that has crazy high damping and I am not happy with the way it handles, but I could probably ride on a kart track even if I don't get it back to SuMo specs by then.

If all goes well, I will be there and perhaps I can bring along a couple others.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think I am going to have to make this cause I want to ride before the next Summit Point day. Can't wait that long.

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I am going to have to make this cause I want to ride before the next Summit Point day. Can't wait that long.
Cool! Had fun riding with you at Summit... you were on the CRF, #208, right? :thumbup:

Wilmar, look forward to riding with you, we missed you on Motorcycle2's ride in June! Bring some friends!

If anybody wants pics from this day, bring a flash drive or your laptop with a card reader and we will give them all to you then. Editing pics and posting them takes a long time, I can't do it for every rider for every track day or my brain will explode. :lol:

Gerry

1 - 20 of 34 Posts