SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey SMJ so I'm just starting a fresh project, I picked up a 1971 Suzuki TS250 Savage on the cheap and since I'm a commuting student I wanted to build something that was comfortable on the streets, but definitely capable of trail riding and some fun. Figured this might be a place to start! I am brand new to this site and fairly new to riding in general. I had some dinky trail bikes as a kid, and have DH mountain biked my whole life so I so I figured what the hell. Through my exploits with car restoration (I own a '74 BMW 2002tii) I figured this bike shouldn't be too much to handle....knock on wood.

So my question(s) to you guys are generally based around what you think of the project. Are there specific wheel/tire suggestions? What kind of modifications could do the most help? I am wanting to base this bike almost on a cafe racer sort of look, but to get started I'll post pictures of my bike, and maybe a few inspiration pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More work...

First things up for work: Replacing missing oil reservoir, fixing the seat, rewiring lights/indicators, cleaning carb, replacing air filter.

Future plans: Exhaust work, wheels and tires, suspension fluid, repainting and refinishing tank/fenders, fabricating fiberglass rear seat piece, handlebars, grips, etc etc etc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts