SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old bike is up for sale. Here are the two threads below where I sold the bike to Jeff back in October:

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=44953

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=45102

And here is the bike today:

As you can see, Jeff kept the bike in perfect shape and asked me to advertise it for him. We'll have to show Jeff where the ON button is on a computer one of these days so he can join us in the 21st century. Just kidding Jeff...

Anyway, the bike has done three open days at Jennings since October and Jeff has added the following:

-Heavier rear spring to stop the rear squatting so much on the throttle. (set up for about 180-190 lbs, includes old spring also which is actually for a 160-170 lb rider)

-Set of Michelin Pilot DOT race tires. 120 & 160 with plenty of life left.

-15t & 16t along with a 41t,42t and a 48t sprocket.

-Fresh oil change

-Fresh spark plug

This bike is completely ready to go, needs nothing at all to take to the track. It now has a total of 4 open days and one race on it since break-in. Very fresh bike. Makes 47 hp on a Dynojet 250i which is identical to a YZ450 we ran the same day and right behind the 49 hp CRF450 race bike that was running U4 fuel. We were running 93 octane from the Amoco station. For comparisons sake I had a blast racing with the SV650's at Talledega last year. The 450 is identical coming off the corners and it wasn't until the end of the straight before they would creep by me.

Here is a list of mods on the bike:

-Suspension lowered 1" and revalved by MX-Tech
-3.5"x17 front and 5"x17 rear Excel rims
-Buchanan spokes and nipples laced to the stock hubs
-Motomaster 320mm rotor with 4 piston caliper
-YZ Exhaust Cam
-Jardine full titanium system
-jetted accordingly and runs perfectly
-Axle sliders
-Renthal bars
-Water Wetter to replace the coolant
-Battery Tender quick disconnect

Price is $4500 obo. Make us a good offer.

Anything I'm forgetting I'll add in when I think of it.. Feel free to call me anytime at 352 459 3254 or 352 455 1692 and I'll be happy to tell you anything you need to know or set up a meeting. I'll be glad to deliver the bike anywhere reasonable. I heard about a trackday in north Fl somewhere so I can make it up there if needed. Maybe I'll take a ride in practice with you. Thanks, Pat.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, Jeff is selling the bike to buy a Ducati Hypermotard. If there was ever an excuse to sell a motard that's it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm new to motards, but I thought the WR's were street legal from the factory.

Anywho, thanks for the quick reply. My search continues......

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm new to motards, but I thought the WR's were street legal from the factory.

Anywho, thanks for the quick reply. My search continues......

Afraid not, you can do it but you might want to look at a big KTM or DRZ. Just ride before you buy, make sure you buy the right bike the first time. Good luck, Pat.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Bump for a sweet machine.

Oh..,and newbies...this is how you format and place an ad in the classified section. Nicely done! :thumbup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bump for a sweet machine.

Oh..,and newbies...this is how you format and place an ad in the classified section. Nicely done! :thumbup:

Thanks Chase, I hate seeing half-ass ads on here.

As soon as I see the date for the Monticello meeting I'll make plans for coming up. Anyone who would like to see the bike in action give me a shout.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, your thinking of Pat Weekly at Riva. I'm Pat Mooney but I do know Pat Weekly. He's a bit of a motard fan too isn't he?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes Pat Used to Go Pretty___,Really Fast a Moroso a couple years ago,I heard he lunched the motor. I am Steve Sealey in Ft Lauderdale. I go to the Go Kart in Opalaka, near South Mia sometimes with my yzf400 modard. Mega fun. Do you have any current news on the meet in North Fla coming up? Thanks Steve Sealey

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes Pat Used to Go Pretty___,Really Fast a Moroso a couple years ago,I heard he lunched the motor. I am Steve Sealey in Ft Lauderdale. I go to the Go Kart in Opalaka, near South Mia sometimes with my yzf400 modard. Mega fun. Do you have any current news on the meet in North Fla coming up? Thanks Steve Sealey

Check out the mini racing section, that's where I saw info about Monticello. I'm sure it's posted elsewhere in the racing forums here though. If anyone's interested in this bike it would be a great place to meet up and see the bike. Hope to see you there Steve. Thanks, Pat.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Good luck on the sale- that thing is GORGEOUS!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I didn't see a date yet for Monticello, just that it's in June. I'll see you guys up there though.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I didn't see a date yet for Monticello, just that it's in June. I'll see you guys up there though.
There are two way to get on the track.
1. go as a "guest of someone that is a member (like me) for $50.00 a day or $500.00 to join for the rest of the year. And then in January a $1000.00 a year membership fee this includes a Thursday thru Sunday open track days alternating sessions with carts
If you think about it, When see this track you will really want to go a lot! And you will get to $500.00 real quick.

I am going next weekend Saturday and sunday (31st and the 1st of June)
come on up and ride!:thumbup:
I just need a head count!
Larry

1 - 20 of 38 Posts