SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After riding the Versys for 2000 miles I think it is more of a motard then it is anything else. Tony is a great rider and I can stick right with him when the road gets tight. The 8 inches of travel and sticky 17 inch tires really do the trick. It has to be one of the most fun bikes anyone can own.

http://media.putfile.com/Versys-vs-Motard

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats the rake on the bike?

Engine Type Four-stroke, liquid cooled, DOHC, four-valve per cylinder, parallel twin

Displacement 649 cc

Bore & Stroke 83.0 x 60.0 mm

Compression Ratio 10.6:1

Maximum Torque 44.9 lb/ft @6,800 rpm

Cooling Liquid

Fuel Injection Digital fuel injection with two 38mm Keihin throttle bodies

Ignition Digital CDI

Transmission 6-Speed

Final Drive O-Ring Chain

Frame Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel

Rake/Trail 25°/4.3 in.

Front Tire Size 120/70-17

Rear Tire Size 160/60-17

Wheelbase 55.7

Front Suspension / wheel travel 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork with adjustable rebound and preload / 5.9 in.

Rear Suspension / wheel travel Single offset laydown shock with adjustable rebound and spring preload / 5.7 in.

Front Brake Type Dual 300mm petal discs with two-piston caliper

Rear Brake Type Single 220mm petal disc with single-piston caliper

Fuel Tank Capacity 5.0 gal.

Seat Height 33.1

Dry Weight 399 lbs.

Overall length 83.7 in.

Overall width 33.1 in.

Overall height 51.8 in.

Color Passion Red

Warranty 12 months

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds like a fun bike but isnt it identical to the Ninja 650R ??
Different suspension. Different cams ,the R is a high RPM engine the Versys makes nice power. You can ride it 5th and 6th gears anywhere. :thumbup: Plus the better setting position and nice big handlebars just make it one of the best bikes ever.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Goofy cyclops headlight, but otherwise looks like a lot of fun! Detuned Ninja. Wonder if you can swap parts to give it more HP.

I'd take someone's for a ride anytime!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Goofy cyclops headlight, but otherwise looks like a lot of fun! Detuned Ninja. Wonder if you can swap parts to give it more HP.

I'd take someone's for a ride anytime!

The engine being different then the Ninjas is what makes this bike great. It pulls like a tractor but still will top out at about 120mph. It pulls so good that some people have went up one tooth on the front sprocket. If you will read some road test you will see which bike they like best and it will not be the Ninja.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I'm not going to debate semantics again, but suffice to say a bike with less than 6" of suspension travel that weighs way over 400 pounds gassed-up is essentially not comparable to a real supermoto bike like a Husaberg FS650, Aprilia SXV, or KTM SMR. I'm not saying one is better than the other, just that if I was interested in one, it would be bloody doubtful that the other would suit my needs.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
his/her top speed read 212 kph which is 131.77 mph on the speedo.

**Not sure what the margin of error is on the speedo, but usually they are off a significant amount at higher speeds.**

·
Registered
966 Posts
Not my style, but looks like a fun ride.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I remember riding a versys a few months ago and it does not feel like a motard, more like a light fragile feeling sportbike

1 - 20 of 31 Posts