SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
USA Pro Supermoto Round #1 info. We will be racing 6/2 and 6/3 Amateur Classes added

SATURDAY SCHEDULE - PRO DAY AND AMATEUR PRACTICE
7:30 - 9:00 RIDER REGISTRATION AND TECH
8:00 - 9:00 AMATEUR PRACTICE FREE OF COST. QUILIFY SESSION FOR AMATEURS WHO WANT TO TRY TO QUALIFY FOR PRO RACE. BIG BIKES ONLY
9:00 - 10:00 PRO PRACTICE
10:00 - 10:15 PRO RIDERS MEETING
10:30 - 11:00 PRO QUALIFYING
11:30 - 12:00 LITES MAIN #1
12:00 - 12:30 PREMIER MAIN #1
12:30 - 1:30 LUNCH
1:30 - 2:00 LITES MAIN #2
2:00 - 2:30 PREMIER MAIN #2
3:00 - 6:00 AMATEUR PRACTICE $25

SUNDAY SCHEDULE - AMATEUR DAY
8:00 - 9:00 RIDER REGISTRATION AND TECH
9:00 - 10:00 PRACTICE
10:15 - 10:30 RIDERS MEETING
10:45 - 12:45 HEAT RACES
12:45 - 1:45 LUNCH
1:45 - 3:45 MAIN EVENTS

PRO CLASSES
PRO PREMIER
PRO LITES

AMATEUR GRAND NATIONAL CLASSES
AMATEUR A
AMATEUR B
250/400
MINI
VET
Unlimited

TEATIVE CLASSES
WOMENS
SPORTSMAN
PEE WEE

We will be using the Supermoto USA rule book and race procedures.

Race Entry will be $150.

http://www.supermotousa.com/pdf/SMUSA_2011_rulebook.pdf

Please come out support and bring friends / family. We are down but not out! The will be RACING this weekend!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __
Q&A

Is there going to be a race at Willow Springs June 2-3? YES

Is there going to be a pro purse? Most likely. I have put together a plan to build a pro purse, at this point in time it will depend on the total number of entries. We are working to get sponsors but the time frame is short and my team can only make so many calls. Everyone can help with this by calling a potential sponsor or donating to the fund or calling everyone you know and tell them to support. So in reality the amount of the pro purse for the first round is up to you. I am hoping at a minimum that we can do a 100% pro payback more if we get a sponsor. First we need to cover the operating cost, then the purse. If we get 100 amateur riders total at each event then expect a pro purse in the $4k-$6k range.

Will there be a series? It is looking good to be able to do a 6 or 7 round series. It will not be the same as originally advertised and will be more west coast based due to the fact that the majority of the riders confirmed and people involved are all west coast, most of the rounds will be west of the Rockies. Tentative schedule - Willow, Miller, Virginia City, Colorado, Oklahoma, Infineon, Irwindale??? We are trying to work out the best schedule based on cost and location.

Who is running the races? Brok with SupermotoUSA was originally contracted to run the races for Dennis and he has agreed to continue with his plans to do so, at least for the CA and UT round. I have not talked to all the tracks or people involved to finalize the details yet. Brok is planning on going to all the races so in any case he will be there to lend his guidance to any local race organizer that may need.

What is the entry fee? We are trying to keep entries around $150 per rider and a discount for a second class.

Is there a license fee? No, however we are asking that everyone that races join the Supermoto Riders Coalition, more details on this soon but it's probably going to be about $50 and will be a separate entity that will oversee the relationship between the riders and the promoters and help prevent the promoters from screwing up and leaving everybody hanging. We need every supermoto racer to join.

What about the East Coast riders? We have not forgotten about you east coast riders, unfortunately this season it is not feasible to go that far and the riders need to get a little better established before it will make sense to go to Florida or Virginia. We are going to try and help you out as we move forward. If there are any east coast riders that want to do this let me know and I will find you a team that can transport your equipment to each round. I have two extra spots on my rig now if anyone is interested.

Who is funding this? You are, we have found a way to get the first three round underway using the resources that Dennis had put in play. The series will be self funded until we are able to land a major sponsor. This is why we are adding amateurs to the mix. We need to get the rider count up so that there is enough money from the entries to perpetuate the series. Tell your friend to get a bike and come racing.

Who is the promoter? At this point there really is no promoter, the Supermoto Riders Coalition is stepping in to try and make this happen for the riders. We will continue to try and perpetuate the series until a new promoter steps in with money or we are able to land a sponsor and set up a promotional organization.

Who is the sanctioning body? We will be racing using the SMUSA rule book with some possible minor modifications to suit the pro racing.

What if I have a complaint? Tell me now, I really don't want to hear it when race time comes. Everyone involved at this point in time is doing so voluntarily and we are doing it for the love of the sport and for the riders. If you are planning on doing anything but give 100% of your support at the races then please, sell your bike and stay home.

Now lets go racing!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts