SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a tendency to change around almost every bike I own..

SO I recently did a bunch of stuff to my 04 625.

KTM SuperMoto Rear Fender
DRC Edge tail light (some LED blinkers)
KTM 12L tank/Seat combo
Renthal Fat bars
Cycra Pro Bends
Bike Bonz Mounts
08 exc headlight

Akropovic full ti system
APA Muffler slider

KTM 320mm Wave Rotor
Excel Rims (stock hubs)
KTM axle Sliders

Still need to put on a Trail Tech Vapor..

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

a few more:

·
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats on the mods, man :thumbup:

How did you manage to mount the EXC headlight with the 625 speedo?

EXC's speedos are slim and the mask is very close to the triple clamp. I don't think the stock rubber strap would fit on the 625.

lol I used zip tyes

but I have different straps sitting around from various headlights that I will modify to work with that mask.

I just threw it on last night... I will probably change it around a little. I want to do the Trail Tech next.. The speedo magnet isn't in the right spot for the pickup.. so the stock guage isn't working right now anyway which makes gas mileage a little tricky.

·
Registered
23 Posts
where did you find that 08 EXC headlight? looks perfect... I'd love to update my '03 with that.. was also thinking of updating the side plates and rear fender with the '05 up versions but not sure if they will fit the rear sub-frame of the '03.

Nice bike.

·
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
where did you find that 08 EXC headlight? looks perfect... I'd love to update my '03 with that.. was also thinking of updating the side plates and rear fender with the '05 up versions but not sure if they will fit the rear sub-frame of the '03.

Nice bike.
the sub frames are different..

you can get the 08 exc setup from KTM-Parts. you can get a permanent 10% discount for signing up for the account w/them.. then a 5% discount for SMJ members..

pretty badass deal, they got a bunch of my recent paychecks.. lol

·
Registered
274 Posts
I love the way that orange chain looks!

Nice bike!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Do you have a part # for the fender? What did it cost?

I looped my bike today, and had already been considering replacing the fender but this means I need a new one anyway, so might as well do a decent looking one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Where did you find the 12L tank/Seat combo? Or who has the best deal on a new seat? Something I can put more than 50-60 miles on without my ass going numb.:lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Exhaust guard

Where do do get the exhaust guard from ? that you have round the end can? And what brand

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
The bike looks awesome. Congrats!

Two questions:
1) Will the 12L tank fit the '05-'06 625 SMC?

2) Is the rear hub on the earlier SMCs and LC4s the same as the cush drive piece on the '05-'06 models? I got a new rear rim (black Excel Takasago like yours) to lace to my stock '05 cush drive rear hub, BUT the nipple holes don't line up on one side of the hub. The vendor says I just need new spokes, but I don't see how that'll work when the nipple holes point in the wring direction!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts