SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday one of the most successful Pikes Peak competiters( and AMA competitor, and SM school instructor, and ...) Gary Trachey anounced that he would be racing a new 690smc at Pikes Peak and asked for any info on setup that was available. Here is an opportunity to find out what it takes to make these bikes run well enough to win Pikes Peak. Whether the suspension should be lowered, the exhaust needs changing, the brakes, and on and on. I am wondering if there is any way we can help him in his efforts and maybe he could do a step by step writup on what he thought was necessary in terms of changes and what turned out to be a waste of time. Any ideas guys?:headscrat

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I wish I were in a position to give gary tips. What an ego boost. "yeah, so this pro rider was asking me what he should do to prep for the PP. I told him..."

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
I rode the bike yesterday and was quite impressed with the bike out of the box. I will be testing the bike at pikes this weekend and then making changes for the second test at the end of the month.
I will let you guys know exactly what I do to the bike. Thanks...

·
Registered
759 Posts
I rode the bike yesterday and was quite impressed with the bike out of the box. I will be testing the bike at pikes this weekend and then making changes for the second test at the end of the month.
I will let you guys know exactly what I do to the bike. Thanks...
Yes Yes please do, might be better off asking in a european forum since most 690 owners have had them for like 2 weeks max here in the states.

·
6,598 Posts
my guess is you won't get a lot more info from euro forums. the same basic mods apply and there's not a lot available yet for this bike, even over here in europe.

I reckon the most obvious mods should be:
pipe and remap
lose 2nd and 3r gear restriction
dump all the unnecesairy parts to save weight

1 - 5 of 5 Posts