SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy crap! Put on the new Fast by Ferracci exhaust and did my first real ride on it this morning:bannana: No jetting required, just turned the air screw a bit richer. Pulls sooooo much harder all through the range. A huge improvement. I'm stoked!

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Sweet!!:bannana:

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Atta boy:thumbup:

·
Registered
514 Posts
I haven't been on a stock Husky 450 before, but my bike with just the Silmotor system runs awesome. In a straight line race I'm a tiiiiiny bit slower than my buddy on his fully built 475cc DRZ, and his bike is quick.

I'd like to swap the Mikuni out for an FCR and see how much more it wakes the bike up.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you ever go that route with the FCR, I'd like to know the results. We kinda got a bastard carb on the '04's.

Coming from my last dirt bike (CR 500) this is my first Husky and tard so I had nothing to compare it to other than the smoker. Needless to say, I should have piped this bike when I got it last year. I liked it before, but now I'm impressed:D

·
Registered
849 Posts
If you ever go that route with the FCR, I'd like to know the results. We kinda got a bastard carb on the '04's.

Coming from my last dirt bike (CR 500) this is my first Husky and tard so I had nothing to compare it to other than the smoker. Needless to say, I should have piped this bike when I got it last year. I liked it before, but now I'm impressed:D
Nice move! :thumbup:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I haven't been on a stock Husky 450 before, but my bike with just the Silmotor system runs awesome. In a straight line race I'm a tiiiiiny bit slower than my buddy on his fully built 475cc DRZ, and his bike is quick.

I'd like to swap the Mikuni out for an FCR and see how much more it wakes the bike up.
you can get a 41mm FCR carb for fairly cheap on ebay these days. Do it. DO IT!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts