SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wanting a cheap alternative to buying an aftermarket pipe, but still wanted something diff. i got the idea of the undertail exhaust from a pic i saw in the "drz pic thread." the bike is an 05 with a stock 05 cbr rr exhaust. i also made my own carbon fiber endcap for it. i am still in the process of finishing the pipe, but this is what it looks like after a few hours of work. let me know what you think.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i was wanting a cheap alternative to buying an aftermarket pipe, but still wanted something diff. i got the idea of the undertail exhaust from a pic i saw in the "drz pic thread." the bike is an 05 with a stock 05 cbr rr exhaust. i also made my own carbon fiber endcap for it. i am still in the process of finishing the pipe, but this is what it looks like after a few hours of work. let me know what you think.

Dude, that is some SICK sh!t, I love it. GREAT JOB.:thumbup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys! the can is a little big, but as of right now i only have $20 in the whole thing so i cant complain....

i will be making some carbon fiber radiator shrouds real soon......

·
Registered
406 Posts
Looks nice, but have you looked into how far your bike sits when bottoming out the suspension? Im thinking you might be hitting that can with the tire, if you hit the rear suspension hared

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice work man... how did you hook it up to the stock exhaust. Pics of that please?
i am still working on hooking it up to the stock exhaust. i ordered a reducer from burnsstainless.com and i cut the stock exhaust right after it mounts to the passenger foot peg.... i will post more pics when its finished.....

the can it a good bit away from hitting the rear tire even with two people on it bouncing up and down. it shoudn't be a prob at all....

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
definitely keep us posted man.. look great.. and get a vid of what it sounds like (probably not much different than a stocker, but just to hear anyways:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yep, deffo looks sick! How you going to mount the light and number plate? Good original work :clap:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Looks nice, but have you looked into how far your bike sits when bottoming out the suspension? Im thinking you might be hitting that can with the tire, if you hit the rear suspension hared
I was thinking the same thing... :hmmm:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, deffo looks sick! How you going to mount the light and number plate? Good original work :clap:
thanks man! i have the edge tail light that will fit just above the exhaust and the turn signals will be mounted to the subframe. the license plate is mounted to the back side of the airbox. it is visible but not the most legal place for it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was thinking the same thing... :hmmm:
i widened the subframe a little and did some careful hammering on the exhaust to get it tucked up as high as possible. from the top of the tire to the bottom of the can is a little over 8" with no one on the bike. i hope i dont have any issues, but i pretty much only ride it on the street and dont really get into any situation when i use a lot of suspension travel. i will let you guys know.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
here are the pics with the stock exhaust hooked up to the new muffler. i tig welded a 2.5"-1.75" reducer from burnsstainless.com and part of a u-bend from jegs.com to connect the two. i am taking it to the powder coater tommorrow and will post up some finished pics and a vid of what it sounds like.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts