SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent a weekend helping my aunt clean out my late uncles garage/shop. I lifted off a tarp and I was blinded by this beauty! :rolleyes2:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Dude!:bike:

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a college buddy that spent 15 years restoring a Norton Commando like that. Only his is black. If you really wanted us to beleive that oic you should apply some small oil leaks and some loose parts! HAHA I'll see if I can dig up a pic of his project.

·
Registered
58 Posts
OK then....

What do you guys think about a real NORTARD or converting a commando into a moto style bike? I've just completed the tear down of my 74 850 and have been thinking of goin back custom. At first I thought Joey Dunlop race replica, Maybe chopper style and then I set a KTM triple in it and it fit (kinda)! All of a sudden I started thinkin about the Hyper motard and the supermoto bikes comin out and I drew up plans for the NORTARD. I'm gussing I would get a positive response here but the Norton guys are crying foul (naturally) and others I spoke to all think it's the wrong bike for it. I'm thinkin I might do it anyway cause I aint ever with the crowd.

http://dunedian.smugmug.com/gallery/2047142_vFBMg#105150350_HHPME

I'd put WP forks on it and black rims with wire spokes (gotta keep some older styling) The tripple is out of a 525 SMR (20 mm rake). WP also makes 16" long single shocks which I'd put on the rear. I'd leave the tank as is and clean the motor up. I think I'd need to cut off the tail section and shorten it, lift it upward slightly and fit some supermoto style seat on it and do a custom Ti 2-1 undertail exhaust into a flat, short can (I do dig the look of the the new small twin cans out there).

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
That Bultaco is friggin gorgeous!!!!!

I have been thinking about doing an early '70s Husky 2 stroke. I keep checking Craig's list in my area but have yet to find a good candidate.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I swear the guy that built this is a forum member. I just love the attention to detail and quality of the work. Here's a few more.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Either you have the biggest trees ever, or thats a model!
Ok, was just checking to see if you boys were awake. The red one is a 1/10 scale diecast model. For the record, I did have a 72 that I bought new. It was quite , the Honda 750 killer. If it were still around today,my 610 would smoke it in the twisties.:bike:

·
Registered
262 Posts
I had an XT. I used to try and ride it and it would try to break my kneecap starting it. I miss that thing! Man that XT is badass!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I really, really, really like that XT ALOT!:thumbup:

You know getting an old dirtbike ain't that hard. I'm currently fixin up an old ATC200x. The project is surprisingly affordable. And parts are easy to get!

Should be a blast to back in.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts