SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Used 2011 WR250X (515 miles) w/ BT003's this weekend and have since put on about 200 more and I am starting to see a problem.

It has been a couple of years since I have had a ride-able bike but I grew-up riding dirt bikes, I commuted on a naked SV650 with clip-ons and rearsets in grad school, I worked for KTM NA, and most recently I had a CB750 cafe racer. The trouble is... This bike has ruined every road near me.

I have always ridden "spiritedly" and corners that use to be fun are now one-handed yawn affairs. Being a 250 I can't even cause drama with the throttle and I can be almost negligent with it. Lastly the brakes are strong enough that you can ride in deep, hit the brakes and park it in the corner. :headscrat

So now I am finding the rear tire lifting as I approach traffic stops and the front lifting between corners. I am looking for bumps, RR tracks and traffic circles anything to "play with". I have even taken to cutting across my lawn when I leave for a ride.

I think I may be turning into a Hooligan. :hmmm:

·
Registered
62 Posts
You don't turn into a hooligan, the bike just brings it out into the open.

You've switched from mature, confident women to a 20 year old, tattooed, blonde, college girl. Shut the f$%^ up, and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside young Skywalker!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL, I just learned that I don't bounce. Grabbed too much front brake in a gravel lot. Scratched the bark buster, mirror and front fender and my arm is in a sling.

I love this bike! :bannana:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wife convinced me to go to the urgent care yesterday and I have a broken elbow. No cast and no need for pain meds though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts