SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the whole super moto thing and getting closer everyday to actually buying my first one. This will be my first venture onto the street after 25 years of riding ATVs in the dirt :D My question is, what kind of helmet do most SM riders wear? I remember my buddy riding his KLR back in 1985 with a full face street bike helmet and he really looked like a dufus (mind you we were 15 riding trails in the woods).

The only thing that makes sense to me is something like the Arai XD3. While I really like it and I have owned a couple of Aria MX helmets in the past, I am not too excited about dropping over $600 for one. Any other decent options out there like this in the $300 range?

·
Registered
592 Posts
This may be a little on the "cheap side" but i just bought my self a Fly Trekker and love it. I had a Fly MX helmet but after a few quick highway runs i needed somthing more aerodynamic. Food for thought....

·
Registered
50 Posts
well alot of sm guys wear mx helmets and some even wear dual sport helmets along with full face. its really personal preference. I myself am leaning on a shoei hornet (ds helmet)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts