SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a Two Brothers M-7 slip-on exhaust for my 2007 DR-Z400SM and was wondering if anyone has any expereince with one. I tried searching but couldn't find any dyno results, or reviews of it on the SM. Thank you

·
Registered
256 Posts
all in all slip-ons do next to nothing for performance, but they do give the bikea better look and sound of course. If you search about exhaust they general concensiss is that yoshimura is the best exhaust for the drz400sm. The headpipe is the biggest restriction on the bike.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. I'm happy with the performance of my bike stock but found a great deal on this Two Brothers slip-on. If I don't do the 3x3 mod on my bike and just install the slip-on, do you think it would be necessary to install a jet kit?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Tell you what, I used Two brothers slip-ons with all my bikes I had in the past and absolutly love em! I had them on my R6, FZ1, and on my YZ250F the sound is very deep and the quality very good! I am going for more power with my DRZ and like stated above, the YOSh is the way to go. Now if 2bros came out with a full system for the DRZ I'd go that route! but looks like they only have the slip unfortunitly

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Not a lot of Two Brothers being used in Supermoto and in fact they are closing out most of the MX and off road stuff. Stick with something with a little more R&D behind it.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I'm happy with the performance of my bike stock but found a great deal on this Two Brothers slip-on. If I don't do the 3x3 mod on my bike and just install the slip-on, do you think it would be necessary to install a jet kit?

Do the 3x3 and rejet w/ a James Dean kit. You're engine is NOT happy w/ the stock air & fueling setup. It's lean and starving for fuel and air. Rejetting w/ the James Dean kit, Kientech extended fuel screw, and the allen head float bowl screws is a sub-$100 mod, and it makes the bike so much more fun to ride. The engine is much more free to rev, and the throttle response is wonderful. If you're just going to use a slip-on, punch the 155 main in it instead of the 160. Your bike (and you) will be much happier, even though you think you are happy w/ it now. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about fuel mileage with those mods? I installed a jet kit in my 99 SV650S and it made it much harder on gas. I regretted it and don't want to make the same mistake. I definitely don't want to spend the money on a full system and am only considering this exhaust because of the price and weight savings. I truly am happy with the performance in stock trim and was just wondering if it is necessary to install the jet kit if I buy the slip-on.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i've been trying to find out from the seller if it comes with a removeable silencer. If it does, I might consider it. If not, I don't want to listen to the noise. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
395 Posts
i have a twobros on my 07 sm and it's super super loud! It does come with a removeable spark arrestor but i've never tried it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you saying its super loud with the spark arrestor still installed? I can still get the deal but am I going to be deaf after communting 3 hours every weekend this summer? Did you rejet and do the 3x3 mod? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
395 Posts
no i've never tried it with the spark arrestor in...it's super loud with it out!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is the spark arrestor optional? When I asked about a removeable silencer, the seller of the M-7 here didn't know if it came with one.

·
Registered
395 Posts
mine has one i'm pretty sure you can only get it with the removeable spark arrestor...

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
I just put on a full ti system on my 250...the 7 series with spark arrestor, spark arrestor is removable (5 minutes) took that sucker off, stuck in a JD kit and was blown away at the power...specially the bottom end....top end near redline was a big improvement as well with much smoother power curve....put on the P3 or P4 powertip and it will quiet down abit. As mentioned before in another post get a full system, which average on most mfg's about one and a half to two horse when jetted correctly....If you look at the catalogues that seems to be the average amongts most thumpers...at least according to the two bros. catalogue....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts