SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I picked up a mint used 2013 690 duke a couple months ago. The exhaust is so quiet it was really difficult to hear your engine speed once your going above 60mph. I got a Yoshi carbon slip-on, and even with the quiet insert removed, its a bit quiet. So, I ordered the Fresco cat delete pipe, and ready to install and get tuned at the KTM dealer. A few questions if anyone has tips for me:

1. What is the best tune for just a full exhaust without other airbox or cam mods?
2. Should I have the 10-position throttle response dial under the passenger seat in a certain position? Right now I use the "mid" setting because I found the aggressive setting to be too "on-off" for smoothness, particularly on the racetrack.

Putting a boat anchor cat system underneath the bike is just silly, and it will be gone soon. Just want to make sure I have the dealer do it right, as they probably don't see a lot of these.

thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ello ello, interesting as I am about to fit the Duke end can/silencer to 690 sm, I have the standard system, but really like the idea of a single pipe up the side, at a nice angle! Would also mean less damage should I get into any laning! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417425082.941299.jpg the pic is botchup but gives an idea. I am running the k&n pod filter and have remapped it with a later Enduro performance map. 2nd & 3rd gear restriction and O2 sensor off only after doing the strict 15min reset. Working a treat for me. :) You may want to check the posts about failing main shafts.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Got the pipe sorted, sounds really nice, definitely breathing better, and the extra resonances will help tune the motor when I get it on the dyno. Pulls really well, will pick the front up in third off the throttle no problem. I actually wound things back down again, though it would be an excellent track day map! But around town it was just way too aggressive. I can post up some video if anyones really interested. Xstream Air Filter / K & N Rx-3770

1 - 3 of 3 Posts