SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for street tires for my ttr 125. any suggestions? i still have the stock rims. should i change those too?

·
Registered
205 Posts
you can get tires for the small wheel and the l version. 19 front and 16 rear are easy to come by and the 17 and 14 are also a piece of cake. Try Dunlop GT501 for the 19/17/16 and look at the 120 sized scooter tires for the 14..

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I would not use cheng shins....they are cheap and available, but they' take forever to heat up and theyre pretty heavy. that may sound stupid but weight really makes a big difference. whatever you use, don't get the widest sizes possible. i wouldn't use anything wider than a 110.

·
Registered
14 Posts
TTR125 17" supermoto wheels with slicks for sale

Hey guys, don't know if any of you are interested, but I have a set of Excell wheels with heavy duty spokes laced up to the stock Yamaha TTR125 big wheel edition hubs front and rear. The wheels already have a set of racing slicks installed and they have only been used once and still have plenty of life left in them. The wheels look brand new and have no scratches, marks or damage of any kind and YES they are straight. I have over $1500 invested in this wheel and tire set but I will sell them to the first person to bring me $800. You all should know that this is a give away price. If you would like more info just email me at [email protected] or feel free to call me on my cell at 770-846-7425. I live just outside Atlanta, GA. and would be glad to show them to any interested buyers. Talk to yall soon, Chip.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
parkinglotracer92 said:
I would not use cheng shins....they are cheap and available, but they' take forever to heat up and theyre pretty heavy. that may sound stupid but weight really makes a big difference. whatever you use, don't get the widest sizes possible. i wouldn't use anything wider than a 110.
Most of the guys who run TTR125's indoors in Richmond have had good luck with the cheng shin's and trials tires they use. Are there better tires out there? Absolutley, but for the price and the abuse they stand up to I would put a set on my mini if I still had one. We haven't had any real issues with getting the tire to handle well in short heats (10 -20 minutes) and the cheng shins actually did a better job getting up to temp than my 17" slicks on my drz 125 since the speeds we so low inside.

Ohh and track temps when we ride at gforce are usually fairly cool since its a winter schedule.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any recommendation for a good supplier to get these tires?

Also with switching tires, will you need a new set of tubes to match the tires?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking for street tires for my ttr 125. any suggestions? i still have the stock rims. should i change those too?
Look at 110/80-19 for the front and 120/80-16 for the rear. The stock rims work great! I get Shinko but anything will work.I hope this helps!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts