SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I have wanted to build a mini motard for a while, but really have no idea how to go about it. I'm 6'2" 210 lbs and can't wait to play at the local go-kart track. My strong preference is toward something that is going to last, I would prefer not have to re-build my motor every season... I'm happy to give up performance for this convenience. Best would be something that I can easily keep the dirt wheels / tires & a second set for street so I can switch it between back yard and track easily. I don't think there are any groups that race them close to me, so I'm just looking for something I can play with, maybe let my daughter play with while I'm on my RC390. Beyond easy, it would be nice if it wasn't too expensive... but would prefer ease, and multi purpose over cost.

Thanks,
BGroup

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I'm the same size as you and I race in a series that races stock CRF 100's. Besides swapping out the tires and front rim and heavier suspension springs you have to keep it stock. So much fun and its cheap.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Second the CRF/XR100 suggestion. I have one myself that i picked up in street trim already. Buddy of mine bought a stock dirt bike and threw an OEM XR80 wheel and some street tires on it. Bone stock it rides like a seesaw; but, is still a blast. I would not recommend the 150R if maintenance is not your thing as it is a purpose tuned race bike and also not one I would recommend for your daughter. Lastly, since you're not racing you'll probably find the 100 painfully slow in the straights, 120-150cc hop up kits are quiet common and they can definitely make some serious power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts