SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's some interest developing in going up to the Circleville Kart Track for bike/open track day around the last part of July/first part of August. That's about a 2.5 hour drive from here. Any thoughts or comments on the times or location - post 'em up here or PM me and we'll see about putting this together.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm in for sure if it's within that time frame. Sounds like a ton of fun.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to hear from everyone! It seems that is a good time frame for us. I'll start checking the track calendar. Let me know if there's any transportation or bike preparation needs you may require and I'll also check to see what the track requires as far as safety.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Glad to hear from everyone! It seems that is a good time frame for us. I'll start checking the track calendar. Let me know if there's any transportation or bike preparation needs you may require and I'll also check to see what the track requires as far as safety.
yes i would need to know what requirements for the bike and the rider. i've never been on or even to an actual track. i'm pretty pumped to try it out.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Ill keep this in mind.

they only require jeans and long shirt I believe. Slidders are always nice to help save the track in any case.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Requirements & Availability Update

I spoke with Steve (the track owner) today and asked him if there were any safety or bike requirements - they only things needed for the rider are a good helmet, long sleeves and longs pants. As for the bike - nothing special required (no safety wire, no catch can, glycol coolant is OK, etc.). Basically - run what'cha brung.

Available Dates: Check the Event Calendar on their web-site (www.circlevilleracewaypark.com) to see the days that the track has been scheduled. All other dates are open (except the Commercial Point Race when the track will be closed). As you'll see on the calendar - most weekends are spoken for but the weekdays are pretty much open to all. Keep in mind that popular days will be crowded with a variety of riders and vehicles.

The price is $15.00 per person for all day (mid-morning till dusk). So it's show up, pay Don the money, go ride. Pretty straight forward so lets get settled on a date. Post up your preferred dates here or PM me with them. Lets go ride!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
FYI you will want to take some garden tools with you if you plan on riding the dirt, it has not been touched since our last big group ride 2 years ago.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So how long are they going to allow this; somtime in mid august? I have a BB kit and stuff otw im going to need to break in before I go out there but that wont take me long once its installed.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So how long are they going to allow this; somtime in mid august? I have a BB kit and stuff otw im going to need to break in before I go out there but that wont take me long once its installed.
Thats the way they do it all season long till (it looks like the season ends in Oct.).

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I'm definitely interested... Any set dates yet? I'm sure I could get a few guys from Cincy to join as well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm always interested in track time, set a time and date and I'll take a day off work.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After looking at my ever-changing calendar, CRP's Event schedule, and time people need to get their bikes ready - I'm thinking that a weekday in the 1st or 2nd week of August is do-able. I suggest a day late in the 1st week with the 2nd week open in case of a rain-out. What'cha think?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Sounds good to me. I am suppose to be going to Mid Ohio on the 15th and 16th on the GSXR so anytime before that I should be able to make it...

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I'm also up for it. Looks like my bike will be ready well in advance so.... yipee! Post up when the firm date is nailed down and I'll make it. Looks like a mid-week thing, right? Fine by me.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Any Firm Date Info Yet?

Just wondering if anyone has come up with a firm date yet. I have 4-5 guys from Charleston and Huntington (WV) who are in if the schedules match up.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts