SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys- looking for a little help. I'm hoping someone isn't using the power cable from their trailtech vapor kit. I need one (left mine on the bike when insurance totaled it) and it's only $8 from trailtech, but they want to charge that much in shipping as well. If anyone isn't using theirs, please let me know!

·
Registered
573 Posts
I would just cut and splice into the existing pigtail if it was me. You could also T-Tap into them if you didn't want to completely cut them. Good luck on finding the wire though.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really like the factory look, so I'd really prefer not to cut in like that. I was just hoping somebody with a converted MX bike didn't need theirs and would be willing to drop it in the mail for $5 or something.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yeah I hear ya. I think some people run them off the internal battery alone, so you might luck out. The problem is, those connectors aren't cheap, and a lot of times require special tools to put them together. $7 for shipping is pretty crazy though...

I looked around on the web to try to find the mating connector, but it's kind of hard to guess going back looks alone. And the ones I found that looked close, were already 5 bucks a pop.

you can buy some pretty nice weatherproof connectors if you want to DIY. Check out the weatherpack and Deutsch connectors, but like I said, the tools can be expensive and not sure if they're 100% needed or not.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it is incredibly frustrating to me to have that high of shipping costs. I would gladly pay $8 for a power wire with the connector on it, but shipping is $9. Hopefully I luck out. Otherwise it looks like I'll be stuck paying $17 for an $8 part.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yeah, it is incredibly frustrating to me to have that high of shipping costs. I would gladly pay $8 for a power wire with the connector on it, but shipping is $9. Hopefully I luck out. Otherwise it looks like I'll be stuck paying $17 for an $8 part.
I have the same problem. I mounted my speedo sensor on the rear rotor and need an extension. The shipping there is so high. I was just going to call them and see if they would ship it usps, seeing that I've already spent a bunch there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts