SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys / girls,
I'm curious to see how many will show if I rent the kart track at Shannonville every sunday night (or a night that's best for everyone) this summer.

I will gladly organize it to help our sport and give everyone a place to ride, but I need to have commitments!

what will probably happen is this: I will get Shannonville to except your credit card number on my behalf.. we will have a minimum of 10 riders and a max of 15.. this keeps the track open and gives us all 3 straight hours of track time.

if 10 riders are not confirmed that week, then no practice. the price is TBD as I will work it all out with them. but it should be around the same as last year. $50-70 per person for all the track time you want in that 3 hr period. If this doesn't work then I give up.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I would like to go to one or two...$70is a bit high for that amount of time when I factor in the price of gas to get there but what the hell

·
Registered
162 Posts
Count me in for some time in July. If Jamie comes down before I am riding again I can tag along and help out with whatever.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
peter, just from past private track day rental expiriences, everyone says it sounds like a good idea... then when the day comes, no one but you and your closest friends will show. if you do this, get the date locked and the money up front. otherwise it is you left holding the bag. i have saw this a few times at different rentals. good luck, and post dates here, if it is a doable date, we may be able to come accross the border and play too. ski

·
Banned
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't worry.. I will post the dates. I have to talk to Shannonville but they're very easy going and we have a good relationship now so it's all good. I just wanna cover my costs.. I'll do the leg work, but I wanna cover the costs. If every week we get 15 riders then the price will go down..

So can we take a vote? what is the most convinient night? I think sunday night.. easy to prepare for?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
probably better off on a saturday. that way people wouldnt have to take a day off work the day after for rest,travel, and clean up. especially those traveling greater distances. sundays could work but you'd need to start earlier in the day, say noon till 3-4. we ride four hour ride sessions now and sometimes it goes by too fast, especially if we're helping others, tuning and or taking pics. so a longer session period would be more inviting than a 3 hour ride time with a 7 hour one way drive for us.

right now with misupermoto, we ride scheduled sundays noon till 4 at flint with a great dirt section, (about an hour west of sarnia/port huron area) for 40 bux, we ride this sunday if you are interested. also check out www.misupermoto.com peter, there is a cash purse pro a/m race august 16th. ski

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
What tech regs are there going to be? Also, will fuel be available to purchase from somewhere at or near the track? I'd probably have to ride to Shanonville. I'd be able to carry all that I need except for fuel.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
One more thing. I'm guessing the answere is "no", but is there going to be dirt?

·
Registered
527 Posts
there's tech inspection for supermoto? :headscrat :lol:

really though...if I'm not mistaken, all you'll need is to make sure you're not running coolant and I'd probably tape up your lights if you're riding out there.

Don't think the gas pump will be on at the track but there's a gas station at the bottom of Shannonville Rd. when you get off the highway. Fill up there and you'll be good for the evening.

where you riding from?

ps. no dirt...unless you miss your brake marker...

·
Banned
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey guys, just make sure all fluids are into a catch can (or red bull can) and that you use water and water wetter.. not coolant. make sure any bolts that have to do with fluids should either be siliconed or safety wired. sorry my spelling is bad!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Check. Thanks, Pete! Count me in for at least one, night.
BTW, Sat nights would be the best.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I will be there at least a few times its a 3 hr drive for me but it should be worth it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts