SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a chance to ride my new SXV550 in a proper track night. This time they had a small dirt section with a couple of jumps and everything. They also reconfigured the track to include a couple of nice tight turns perfect for backing it in.

All I can say is that a SM bike on a mixed dirt-pavement track is more fun than a man should have with his pants on. :thumbup:

I am dehydrated, sore, tired and generally beat up and abused but damn was that FUN! :thumbup:

I had never ridden in dirt before and the idea of big fat roadrace tires in the dirt was more than a bit scary for me. I had also never jumped a motorcycle over anything bigger than a curb. But tonight I learned to do both and it was great. I'm not an expert or even good by any means but I didn't suck either and I didn't crash. Came very VERY close but managed to save it. :bike:

The other thing I did for the first time was to back the bike in to a corner. That also is way too much fun.

The SXV is a killer SM bike. It is pretty easy to slide and it absolutely explodes off the corners, more often than not lofting the front tire from one corner all the way to the next one. I'd put down the front tire just in time to stomp on the brakes and throw the back end sideways. Crazy fun!

So the bike is covered in dust, the tires are scrubbed right to the edge and the rider is beat. All in all a great night.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sounds like a blast, if that isn't a reason to get a SM and enjoy life I don't know what is.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Race City in Calgary, Alberta. There was a woman taking pics and I am hoping to get hold of a few. Her hubby is on this board .... somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts