SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm a swedish guy who has problems with my KTM 690 SMC from 2011.

I don't know when it started but i had mine remapped last summer (restriction) so i would be allowed to drive it on my drivers license. When i got my license this spring i figured i could use Tuneecu to put the akra map in instead, since i have a slip-on. It all went quite smoothly but when i was done i didn't notice any significant difference. After trying different maps and stuff i got the tip about checking my TPS values with Tuneecu. The throttle could open fully (100%) but the TPS stopped at 9% and i believe thats why the bike doesn't run very good.

I have read a few other threads where someone has had the same problem but i didn't really find any solution to it. I tried to ask this question on a swedish bike forum but i haven't got any real answers, so now i turn to you guys and i really hope that someone can help me. Doing TPS reset and 15 min idle doesn't help.

The question is pretty simple, why does the TPS stop at only 9% even if my throttle is fully open and what can i do to fix it? Unfortunately i have to take my bike quite far to get it to a KTM shop.

I really need your help here!:(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, there!

I have the same problem on 2008 KTM 690 Supermoto. The TPS goes maximum to 9%. The bike stalls very often.
Did you find any solution for your problem?
Please share!

·
Registered
159 Posts
As part of the restriction they may have put a different calibration for the tps. So 0-5v = 0-10%. I'd look into that. Maybe ask the place that did the initial restriction. Or hunt around in your software for a tps recalibration menu.

Also try unplugging the TPS, it should default to a 2d fuel map that doesn't depend on tps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have exactly this same problem only get 9% tps on full throttle ek bike not running. When running go more but slow response. Any body have a fix. Thanks Pierre

1 - 4 of 4 Posts