SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the top spead of a husky SM510 is? I actually have a TE510 that I SM'ed and don't have the speedo hooked up yet. Just curious what speed these things are good for. Anyone have a gearing calculator?

Took her to a sport bike track day and ran the piss out of the poor girl down the front straight. 9400rpm with 15 - 42 gearing. If I remember correctly, the TE and SM have the same tranny but can't recal what the stock gearing is on an SM. Was stable as a rock, just down on speed.

Sure was fun in the twisty bits though!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got mine up to 108 mph 15-42 gearing
Nice! Any idea what RPM she was turning at the time? Same gearing as mine I see. Felt sorry for my bike, after about 8-10 laps on the bike track going WFO down the sraight she started to boil pretty bad and was venting from the rad cap and the catch can. More likely due to the lack of lower rad shrouds than anything else. I figured at speed it would be getting plenty of air but guess not. Sure was fun though!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Did a track day here in texas with temps at or near 100 and had no overheating issues. ...I did replace my factory syrup for water wetter and distilled water. Not so sure you should be puking coolant in 8 laps at speed??

I saw top speed of 100 with 15/42. I was not topped out though...

·
Registered
407 Posts
well i took mine out ot fontana and on the front straight my buddy that was on a gixer was pacing me at 122, and i still had a little left, but the death wobble tends to slow things down fast. 16/42. i am also pushing 64 horses though.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MMmmmmm..... 64 horses. I like the sounds of that. Gidyup!:D

No wobble from mine, seemed stable as a rock.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did a quick test the other day and all I had was 102, its an 08 all stock gearing.
It seams RPM limited but I wasn't looking at the tach.

·
Registered
149 Posts
got mine to 163km/hr or 101.2mph with stock gearing n still not full bored yet.. 08 510smr, cleaned n re-oiled filter, power up kit, FB1 106, TPS stock, 22hrs on the engine, 1 step colder denso iridium plugs (IU27).

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yea one up in the front from OEM and i hit 107! Maybe a couple more left in her but damn did that motor sound stressed out!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have only seen 87mph. 15/42 gearing. I kinda lost the urge for high speed when I bought the SMR. 10-40mph is much more fun. I'm thinking of dropping down to 14/42 but I commute at 60mph for 5 miles atleast twice a day and don't want it spinning too fast. I don't have a tach, so its all feel

·
Registered
213 Posts
I clocked 98 without trying too hard. Stock gearing and exhaust, and a slight headwind.

·
Registered
407 Posts
yah i kinda gave up top end with the SM deal, but guess who got the last laugh.... one hint, its the guy that is cracking up laughing and smiling riding wheelies all the way to the bank :rofl: BOOYAH

1 - 12 of 12 Posts