SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the family on vacation up to Tennessee , brought the bike to take my son up to Deals gap . I met Darkhyper up in Tellico Plains TN , he brought his Concourse for my son and I to ride for the day . Just want to give a big thanks to him , my son and I had one of the best days together . Thought I would share a few pics ,this was a day to remember for a long time !

Darkhyper and my son .

My son and I .

Hanging down at the store .

Took a little ride over to Franklin , stoped at the honey shack that I'm real familiar with .:D

Rough bunch .

No trip would be complete with out stopping at Lynn's for lunch .

My son being a bit of a smart ass , not sure why he is pointing down there .:anim_peep:

My son and I riding the dragon ..

Was just starting to get use to the concourse , was a little different than the smc .

Again thanks Chris !

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Didn't even tell a brother you're coming up, not even a meet up for some BBQ. Oh your on the shit list for sure.

:lol: JK Mike, glad you and the family had a great time buddy. Big props for loaning out that sweet 14 Chris, very cool of you.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Nice pix Mike ,the spot on "Honey shack" where your son is pointing has had ALOT of fatal crashes since the new the "9 mile" was built. That section is known as "indian grave gap" or I-G-G to us lokey's it got the name after the DOT was building the road and came across an old Cherokee burial ground in the 40's ,and there are lots of indian burial sites all over the "9 mile" road along the river...Looks like you had a good time from the arse padding strapped on the SMC!

·
Registered
270 Posts
awesome pics man! hope my son is cool! lol anything i can eat or drink to make sure it happens? maybe conceive him on a bike? :bannana:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Didn't even tell a brother you're coming up, not even a meet up for some BBQ. Oh your on the shit list for sure.

:lol: JK Mike, glad you and the family had a great time buddy. Big props for loaning out that sweet 14 Chris, very cool of you.
Thanks Randy , Zach had a great time . Zach got to see what I'm always talking about when I come home from our rides .
Nice! Looks like a good time. Did you drag any hard parts?
Ya think just a little , was not going to push it being that it wasn't my bike . I heard it scrape a few times , the bike handled allot better than I was expecting .
Great pics Mike!

So, is he taking the Ape up in October???? :laughingr
Hell no , no ape for him . lol
Nice pix Mike ,the spot on "Honey shack" where your son is pointing has had ALOT of fatal crashes since the new the "9 mile" was built. That section is known as "indian grave gap" or I-G-G to us lokey's it got the name after the DOT was building the road and came across an old Cherokee burial ground in the 40's ,and there are lots of indian burial sites all over the "9 mile" road along the river...Looks like you had a good time from the arse padding strapped on the SMC!
Thanks buddy , we had a great time . With Darkhyper as our guide we hit some great roads . The spot my son is pointing to is were I went off about 20 years ago , was on a Honda Cbr 900rr and lost it in a low side there . I went over a long with the bike , so we usually always stop by and take a pic or two . Here is the spot years ago , when they did sell honey .

I didn't know about the history there , pretty cool to learn that . Funny you should mention about the padded chicken hawk on the smc , Darkhyper took it off the passenger seat of the concourse to make it a little more tolerable for the day on the smc . We rode for 15 hours that day , even with the padded seat on the concourse hell I was hurting after 15 hours . After we switched back in Tellico Plains and Darkhyper headed home , Zach and I climbed back on the smc for about a hour and half ride back to where we were staying . I was whooped after that , but that was a ride I will not forget for a long time to come . I know that it will not be much longer before my son will no longer want to climb on the back with me , he will want his own bike . So I will take what I can get now ..:thumbup:

Thanks for all the kind words guys , until the next adventure .

·
Registered
277 Posts
Great day!

Mike.....had a great time riding with you and Zach, hopefully can do it again next year. Putting that air hawk seat pad on your KTM 690 made all the difference, would not have made it without it. When I get my 690 it will be the first accessory I get for it...lol. Yep riding the Gap and 28I brings back alot of memories and I'm sure many more, see ya soon my brother! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike.....had a great time riding with you and Zach, hopefully can do it again next year. Putting that air hawk seat pad on your KTM 690 made all the difference, would not have made it without it. When I get my 690 it will be the first accessory I get for it...lol. Yep riding the Gap and 28I brings back alot of memories and I'm sure many more, see ya soon my brother! :thumbup:
Yes indeed buddy , cant wait . :thumbup:
You mean there's a re-peat version of the original? :hmmm:
:coffee: Yep , there's two .

·
Registered
6 Posts
i missed yall i was there this weekend, what day were u there?
:headscrat

·
Registered
884 Posts
Thats awesome Mike!! Look forward to getting time like this with my boy.

Oh and I cant wait to get back in the mountains. Im a itching.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We we there on Thursday , rode all day . Was up at the store until about 1:00 or so , sorry we missed you .
Thats awesome Mike!! Look forward to getting time like this with my boy.

Oh and I cant wait to get back in the mountains. Im a itching.
It was a real treat to have my son with me , and I look foward to the next trip .

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hey Huntin ,next your over this way holla...we just give it to the pirates and the tourist's on the big holiday's ,the cops here pretty much have lockdown then...I thought i saw you at K---'s store on sat on the way to a cookout.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Hey Huntin ,next your over this way holla...we just give it to the pirates and the tourist's on the big holiday's ,the cops here pretty much have lockdown then...I thought i saw you at K---'s store on sat on the way to a cookout.
+1000 I don't even look at a bike on holiday weekends anymore. The pirates and LEO's can have at it, it will be there the next weekend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
it wasnt bad really, the cops were busy everywhere else but there was 1 a day so no biggie got some great passes in, in the am and later pm tn state troopers had bigger issues than to mess with bikes like all the drunks on the roadways and speedways. got busy from 11 to 3 but after that it was ight and the people watchin on the bench was/is great during the weekends i need to get back that way sometime soon:thumbup:

·
Registered
595 Posts
KILLER PICS MIKE!!! Glad yall had a good time. How'd you like the concours, that thing rocks doesn't it? I love mine. I never want to get off of it. Ill catch ya on the next trip, MUDDAUBER

·
Registered
595 Posts
Great pics Mike!

So, is he taking the Ape up in October???? :laughingr
Good question Hollywood, I'm begining to think the ape is just a "SHOW BIKE".:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Heading down tomorrow on the CBR and will there all next week! First timer!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts