SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took my air box cover off today. Bike has fmf programmer , and Yosh pipe with the flapper mod done. It made a huge difference on the butt dyno. Guy before me had it dynoed with just pipe on it and it was 28.62 so now with the commander and this mod i believe it def has atleast 30. Bike wheelies easy now in second with just a tooth up in the rear from stock and it has 26,000 miles anyone who has a programmer i suggest you try it im very happy i did it if you have questions about my settings let me know

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
yep - best free mod you can do....until it's rains hard.....

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
The programmer getting wet isn't the issue...it's the inside of the airbox collecting water.

click me <<--- clicky

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i was seeing if you running a FMF programmer to see what you have your numbers set at not about it getting wet. Ya i read that article before i dont ride in the pouring rain. I work less than 3 mins away and dont ride to work in the rain since i when dress shirts and ties but if i get stuck at night in the rain it will only be for couple mins or so not to worried about the water issue tho. Remember not letting my filter dry on my old Race dirtbike and everytime i would land it would bog for a second cause it was suckin the water never hurt it and it was ridden hard the whole way around the track. Thanks for the info though let me know if your running the FMF.

·
Registered
202 Posts
dam right it will make a difference i use the pcv and love it its so smooth now. my fmf programmer was ok...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya i havent gotten to ride it for long periods of time. but my bike had the Steveakus numbers plugged in to it. I rode it like that and was suprises when i went to clutch it up in 2nd and it came right up before it would not. Worried of it running lean i bumped my numbers up a little bit from the Steve numbers think im at 4,6,1,8,4,4.5 seems to be pretty good impressed this old worn out dog runs this good lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
you most likely have the highest mileage wrx out there.that i have seen that's awesome

did you adjust the valves yet lol?

is the bike still smooth and what did you replace so far?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya i didnt do the miles though lol. But the guy before i had it was meticulous. I have every recepit for oil and oil filter and o ring he bought and he wrote the miles down on each recepit. I mean he kept all the repeits for everything so i felt really comfortable buying it from him. He told me he had the valves checked by his buddy i believe him cause he was just a down to earth honest person and took good care of his stuff. I mean if he didnt, the bike runs awesome no motor noise or anything onlything he replace was chaing and sprockets and the fuel pump went out not long before i bought it but he was nice to yamaha and they replace it for free. Other than that stock clutch, and piston and when i got it the tires had rubber rolling of both sides from track day so i kno he rode it im sure i do have the highest mileage that why i like to let people know if you take care of it its bulletproof. I plan on putting a top end and clutch in it at around 30K just for piece of mind and will go over the valves then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts