SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea , so basically I'm a retired dirt bike junkie, (36) just got me a stock 06 drz sm . I am in the process of tweaking her the way I want. Already got bars , 3x3 mo, stage 1 jet kit, full exhaust, yosh twins. ;-) ( yea I know everyone out there is talkin [email protected]& but, wahtevs , I always wanted a duel ly, so I forked out too much $and ordered the damn thing, ( I can name a couple reasons why I did by it and probably more easons why I should' t have! It will be at the moto /hop tomorrow. I will post some shots of ol' yeller after I put the pipe on.

I do all the mod my self so I will have. Lot' s of Q&a ..probably more q than

·
Registered
571 Posts
Like you, I went through a stage in the middle of my life (30's)where I thought I was too old to race motocross anymore. Gave it up for many years and just road mountain bikes.
8 years ago, I got back into motocross and I can tell you without doubt that at 50+ y/o I am faster and have more endurance, jump further than when I was in my 20's. I outlast most of the younger dudes on the track and stay out for full motos when they pull off dead after a short sprint.
Age is no excuse.
If you dig moto, enjoy it 'til you keel over.

Oh, p.s. don't mean to preach ... glad you found supermoto

·
Registered
571 Posts
Sorry Wheelsblank27, I wasn't paying attention when I responded to this post - I did not realize I was responding to a new member introducing himself.
My comment was not a very good welcome.
So...welcome, and glad you got into supermoto...
I should have gotten one of these things years ago, they are a blast for us 'old' dirt bike junkies :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
make sure to make some sliders for you pipes hate to see them get thrashed. coolant hose and big hose clamps=easy....:needpics: of your new toy... welcome and enjoy that thing..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts