SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to take the plunge and do some engine work after 180hrs and 5000 miles its starting to feel a little down on power. So i was wondering what are the things to do and the things to stay away from and save my money. My plans so far new top end and probably some head work and cams. any help and experiences you have had with specific parts and or shops would really help me out thanks. :bike:

·
Registered
638 Posts
When you get the valve cover off and the left side case cover make notes of the timing marks at TDC on the power stroke. If you re-install the same cams put each shim in a envelope and mark it from where it came. On re-assembly use aerosol brake cleaner then engine assembly lubricant. I put a Fast BY Ferracci 13-1 piston in when I freshened it up. I would recommend just a refresh and spend your $$ on handling. Maybe triple clamps to start. Hint: Remove motor and don't try to take out the cylinder head studs. Use a 1/4 inch drive tourque wrench wherever possible. You can EMail me from my profile if need be. Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts