SuperMoto Junkie banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not much in the way of "sticky" material in this thread... let's see if this helps.

I purchased an '05 KLX110 a little over a week ago, and want to consider a motard setup. With a bit of digging on this site, I determined that a set of CACR 12x2.15" and 12x2.5" wheels are the way I'll go. The Dunlop TT92 tires look like they'll work great on the KLX.

So, once I have my rims, I haven't seen anyone selling spoke sets for a 12" rim on the OEM KLX110 front hub. Are there any special considerations that I should make? Can I simply cut the stock spokes and run a die down the ends?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/5/32/404/20925/ITEM/IRC-NR77-Rear-Scooter-Tire.aspx

Here is a super cheap option I came across for us skinny 14" front rim guys. I think I may try this out if I ever wear out my Pilot Sport.
Shouldn't you be looking at the NR77 front, not rear? http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/5/32/404/20923/ITEM/IRC-NR77--Front-Scooter-Tire.aspx

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Do not cut and thread your spokes. Buy them from RAD MFG and be done with it.
~Shawn

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
stickies are truly meant for information not a bunch of feedback......... A thread for quality, technical information!............

Should only be posts from the source of information....... Now I have cluttered this thread up more..........

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like the right area to ask this.

Ok so I have a SSR pitbike. It was sold to me as a 125.

It has 12x2.75" tire on the front rim. Is that the size of the rim too? Does anyone know where I can find a rim like that? I am having a helluva time.
A dog ran out in front of me at night while I was WOT and when I hit it I was holding onto the bike so tightly that we went end over end together, twice... Glad I had my gear on or I would be earless on one side! When that happened I broke a spoke on the front wheel and that was almost a year ago. I cannot find parts to save my life, and I adore riding these little bikes.

I also have another pitbike, but I have no idea what it is or how to even find out so I can get a new kickstart for it as the splines are TORE up and I have to jump it to get it going.

Please lend me a hand with this :)

Thanks,
Erik

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sava 12" Tire Pressure question?

I have a '04 CR85 that came with;

Front Sava MC31 100/90 12
Rear Dunlop TT92 120/80 12

Can anyone help with tire pressure? I know it can change with temp so I'm just looking for a starting point. I put 18psi in both?

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
KLX110 tires

Hi all, new to supermoto, recently acquired a DRZ400sm and love it, so want to convert my KLX110 so I can scoot around the pits. What supermoto tires are available for the stock rim sizes?

My KLX:
143 BBR big bore
unifilter
marzochi shiver forks
fox float rear
tag bars
pro circuit T4 exhaust
MSR shifter
excel rims (14"/12").

I'm finding it confusing and hard to find tires for these rims .... do I have to switch to 12"/12"? or search scooter tires?

Thanks
Hack

·
Registered
2 Posts
TTR90 stock rims (which SM tires work/fit best)

Hello all,

New here and have been teaching my kids how to ride a 05 TTR90 (stock). Looking to get them into some SM riding, there is an awesome lil "track" at the back of their school that I have tooled around in with zero issues from the locals/police and want to get away from the knobbies that are on the bike now but would rather not have to buy a different set of wheels. Suggestions on front and rear tires and sizes that work best with stock wheels is appreciated.

Thanks!:Funny:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I weighed up some of my wheel parts and thought I would post them for any other curious minds of future members looking for XR/CRF100 conversion info.

2005 CRF80 16" front wheel = 6.58 lbs
BT45H 100/90-16 tire = 8.22 lbs
IRC 3.25/3.50-16 tube = 1.24 lbs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Picked up a TTR-125 w/ 150 kit. It has 17" wheels on it already with dry rotted road race rains. I will use the bike on a indoor go kart track (polished concrete), well manicured dirt plot for RR practice, parking lot hooning, flat tracking, some Mid-atlantic SuMo dates that seem to work for my bike (NJminiGP endurance, VIR SuMo, Sandy Hook), and whatever other abuse I can put it thru. I'm looking for a set of slicks/asphalt tires and rains/dirt tires. For the rain set, I think some 120/70 rains, sport touring, or dual sport tires will suffice? For the slicks, I don't know. I was thinking a decent track day/street tire would give me more grip than I'd ever be able to use. I was thinking something along the lines of a Q2/3 or Pirelli Superbike Pro's. Or....just grab some take offs for cheap, probably 211 GP-As or something along those lines.

Am I overthinking tires for this little bike or will anything I have mentioned work for my intended applications? What type of tire pressures do you run with these tires? Also, has anyone had any luck with rains on trail riding?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new here and am converting my Crf230f to supermoto. I have a 3.00x17" front wheel and 3.5x17" rear. I wanted Excel rims from Buchanan's and my only options were 2.5 or 3" for the front (if I got Sun rims I could have gone with a 2.75" front). I was going to get 3.5" for both front and rear but wasn't sure how large a tire I can fit between the forks. The few pictures I have seen with guys running a 120/70-17 up front, their forks are marked from the tire hitting.

So... I plan to run a 120/70-17 on my rear 3.5" rim but not sure what to run on the front? 110/70-17 or should I run 120's for both and the front will just be a little taller? I didn't want a 2.5" front rim because of the limited tire choice for street use but now I'm not sure what size to get for my 3" wheel lol. Any help is greatly appreciated, I've got the rest of the winter to figure it out. Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new here and am converting my Crf230f to supermoto. I have a 3.00x17" front wheel and 3.5x17" rear. I wanted Excel rims from Buchanan's and my only options were 2.5 or 3" for the front (if I got Sun rims I could have gone with a 2.75" front). I was going to get 3.5" for both front and rear but wasn't sure how large a tire I can fit between the forks. The few pictures I have seen with guys running a 120/70-17 up front, their forks are marked from the tire hitting.

So... I plan to run a 120/70-17 on my rear 3.5" rim but not sure what to run on the front? 110/70-17 or should I run 120's for both and the front will just be a little taller? I didn't want a 2.5" front rim because of the limited tire choice for street use but now I'm not sure what size to get for my 3" wheel lol. Any help is greatly appreciated, I've got the rest of the winter to figure it out. Thanks!
Try starting your own thread. Adding to a 9 year old thread is not the way to get help.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

21 - 39 of 39 Posts