SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of 2.75x17 and 3.5x17 wheels for the crf150r. What do you guys like for tires?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
they are all good.
question is-
how good are you?
not meant as a personal jab.
if your fast enough to run in the top 5 then it may be an issue.
if your midpack or so then any of them are more than adequate.

in no particular-

Bridgestone
Duplop
Vee Rubber
Michelin

all in "GP125" sizes 95 front 115/120 rear

prices vary- the Dunlop and Bridgestone are about the same price- 250+ for a set
the Vee's are about half that
the Michelins are nos- and 200 dollars shipped from MotoRace the last time i looked.

i've used them all and i am not fast enough to say one is better than another,

·
Registered
343 Posts
All the minis in my area are running 120/60-17 Michelin supermoto fronts. Same tire front and back.

Im not sure if the smaller 110 front will work better or not but I only carry the SM specific tire for these guys and they are way happy with it. We've got a few kids that are super fast out here.

Be carefull of Michelin "GP" tires in the sizes listed above. Those tires havent been imported by Michelin in a few years so they may have been sitting around for a while and thats why they may be so cheep.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
i run the Michelins on my 17's and they are fine. NOS means New Old Stock. IE: they are new tires but are a few years old. i'm on my second year and countless sets with no issies. Motorace on E-bay is a good place 4 them 200 bux a set shipped.
for my 12" wheels i have used both the Dunlops and the V-Rubbers. the 1st gen V's did not hold up well to my 150R and pace. i run top 3 in F5 and Fx and ride a lot. the next gen are better and i will be trying a set of medium compound this weekend. the Dunlops are solid and i can get them for 200 a set. i don't feel they stick as well as the V's but to date are more durable.
air pressure is critical. check it every time u ride. these are not set it and forget it items. i start at 18psi and look for a 2-3 psi increase once warm. this is in mid 70's to 80's we have had so far in Wisco.
your results may vary, operators are standing by, limited time offer, no warantee expressed or imposed...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone used the michelin power race fronts? They make a 110/70-17 soft front, and im thinking of doing that and a 120/60-17 soft in the rear...any thoughts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts