SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone build one? I don't need a very big one, just for 5-10 tires or so, I try to keep em in stock, I hate needing a tire and having to order it just to find it Backordered! I actually had to ride my.... shhh sportbike some last fall:headshake

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
It seems like something easy that you could make yourself.

Here are a couple drawings of possible ideas. I just ghetto made them in paint, but you get the idea.

The first is just a wood rack with 2 ends, and an angled board on the bottom front and bottom back.

The second is simpler, but harder to use. Its just a basic pipe on a rope. It poses a bit of a difficulty to remove a tire thats in the middle of the stack, b/c you have to take the ones on the outside off first. But you can mount it up by the ceiling and it wont take up valuable wall or floor space.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
the 1st drawing is good, but the 2nd I don't like to do, because it spreads out the side walls in one spot if stored any length of time.

WWW.rockymountianmotorcyles.com has a metal one for mounting in trailers or garage in there catalogue:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I have the large industrial shelving unit.......I think it came from Sams club. Pull the press board out and the steel supports work great for wheel & tire storage.
+1
This works great and you can add some lumber like in tall boys drawing to keep stuff in place.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I actually use ceiling mounted latter racks each one holds 4 tires and it is hanging from the ceiling so they are out of the way. They are shaped like a upside down T.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i made my rack out of 1 inch square tubing.very simple rack but works great!
I like this one.. but I only need about half that tire space, might be nice to use half for gear storage, and maybe a cabnet on top for helmets and stuff. Might have to fire up the old mig.:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts