SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got about 1200 miles out of the first tire, any suggestions on a good replacement?:hmmm:

·
Registered
677 Posts
After much research and debate, I put some Bridgestone 016's on. I'm in love....

·
Registered
206 Posts
160 is not an issue *most of the time*. You might want to run a roller on the swingarm to ensure chain slap doesn't gouge the tire sidewalls (like it did to my pilot pure).

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
The Conti SM's suck, the profile is all wrong. The Avon tractor tires just don't last long enough, even the puny DRZ cooked them in about 700 miles. Another 016 fan here, best tire I've had yet, very sticky.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hm, I really like the ContiForce SMs. They've got great grip and good response. I don't know what's wrong about the profile? Only downside to them is that they wear out damn fast.
I can only compare them to the Pirelli Diablos that were on the bike previously though..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have been told that running a 160 on the stock rim would make the contact patch smaller on the bigger tire???

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
I have had good luck with the BT016 and Pilot Power. I prefer the profile/handling of the PP, but the grip from the 016 is better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts