SuperMoto Junkie banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
i don't know much, but i can tell you that throttle control was the biggest problem for me on the last ride/clinic i did.

i was riding on the street, so its not as ideal as a track, but here goes:

if i wasn' on the throttle early enough, it would upset my line through the corner.

if i hit a bump (which caused me to bump the throttle) in a corner , it would upset my line through the corner. so for me, the biggest obstacle is definitely throttle control at this point. i'm thinking throttle cams are a good idea for me. my husky 510 is very sensitive on/off throttle. the smoother i am with throttle/brakes, the smoother and faster my line is.

i'm diggin all the input in this thread, but so far it seems everybody is mostly focused on trying to back it in. understandable, cause it looks bad ass. but i thought that this was more a result of proper technique?

also, do any of you guys use counter steering?

·
Registered
833 Posts
If you mean turning away from the turn to get the bike to lean in then yes I do. If you are talking about counter steering to hold your line while backing it in then I think everyone has to say yes to that.

·
Registered
163 Posts
lol yeah or else we wouldnt be able to make the turn wed go off to one side.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Holy freakin cow, I just yelled at the monitor, because I realize I just read the last post in this thread!.. :bowdown:

Oh well, back to the top then, Im sure I missed somethin....:thumbup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
i couldnt agree with gary more ive been racing supermoto since 2003 and for 5 years my bike front wheel chattered violently im not sure about the roll the gas off versus chopping it theory but what i started doing was no matter where im at on the track i never completely let off the gas i just keep it cracked a hair going through the turn and it hasnt chattered since and 16.5 helps a little to even though ive only ran one time...

41 - 45 of 45 Posts