SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a couple of questions one of which is more serious than the others:

Application is on a 04 CRF250 R

Brakes! I installed a hydraulic brake light actuator in my rear brake a while back and it didn't ever work, but my rear brake still did. I have since changed up my brake light setup so i decided to see if the actuator would work if I put it in the rear master cylinder instead of the caliper. I installed it, bled the brakes, but it would never build pressure back up. At that point I installed the regular banjo bolt in the MC and put the actuator back in the caliper, again, bled the brakes, but it still wont' build and pressure:headscrat. The MC has the appropriate amount of fluid in it, and there are no leaks to my knowledge (no drips)

Anyone have any suggestions? This is the only thing keeping me from getting a safety inspection and then tags so I would really like to get this solved quickly

Second question,

My electrical system is currently just an AC stator with a reg-rectifier, is it a bad thing to be cruising around with the lights off? will it burn up the stator or ruin the stator?

Third question,

With AC power obviously the lights are brighter with higher RPMS, is there an easy way (perhaps a capacitor) to keep electricity flowing to the lights while I'm stopped briefly?

Thanks for any input gentleman (ladies too)

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I have no idea on the second two.

I had to bleed my YZ like alot after rebuilding my rear master...

put it on the stand so the front wheel is high and the rear wheel is low and you should be able to gravity bleed it (pour fluid in it and open the bleeder and let gravity pull fluid through the line/caliper and when it drips stright fluid close bleeder and pump it up and see what happens..) and get the majority of the air out...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey guys, I have a couple of questions one of which is more serious than the others:

Application is on a 04 CRF250 R

Brakes! I installed a hydraulic brake light actuator in my rear brake a while back and it didn't ever work, but my rear brake still did. I have since changed up my brake light setup so i decided to see if the actuator would work if I put it in the rear master cylinder instead of the caliper. I installed it, bled the brakes, but it would never build pressure back up. At that point I installed the regular banjo bolt in the MC and put the actuator back in the caliper, again, bled the brakes, but it still wont' build and pressure:headscrat. The MC has the appropriate amount of fluid in it, and there are no leaks to my knowledge (no drips)

Anyone have any suggestions? This is the only thing keeping me from getting a safety inspection and then tags so I would really like to get this solved quickly

Second question,

My electrical system is currently just an AC stator with a reg-rectifier, is it a bad thing to be cruising around with the lights off? will it burn up the stator or ruin the stator?

Third question,

With AC power obviously the lights are brighter with higher RPMS, is there an easy way (perhaps a capacitor) to keep electricity flowing to the lights while I'm stopped briefly?

Thanks for any input gentleman (ladies too)
You just have air in the brake lines and it isn't wanting to pumpfluid through, do as the previous poster said. You can also use a vacuum bleeder.

Second, nope wont hurt it, the electricity just won't be generated if it isn't needed.

Third, not aware of any method without converting to a DC setup with a battery. Caps will have to be too big to supply enough power for even a few seconds (not worth it).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts