SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I ride this summer, I want to do the following to my 2008 KTM 690 SMC (with 9300 miles). I'd like to hear your thoughts (and hopefully some answers to my questions below). Thanks!

Oil & Filter Change (already have this ready to go, with new filters and a jug of oil left over from last summer).

Replace Oil Screens (I've been cleaning them, but I figure it wouldn't hurt to replace them).

Valve Check (anyone know what shims to use?)

Brake Fluid Change

Clutch Lever Fluid Change

Potentially Replace Sprockets (I've noticed some wear, but nothing drastic last time I checked)

Check Brake Pads

Clean Air Filter (it's never been too dirty when I check it, so I assume I shouldn't bother replacing it?)

Replace Spark Plug (with new OEM one) (I'm not even sure if it needs it, but I figure it won't hurt considering all the fuel pump issues I've had)

Bleed Forks (should I really do this on the kickstand like the manual says? I've been doing this on an engine-stand so the suspension isn't compressed at all).

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been reading about the rocker arms. Not sure if mine will need that or not. As for the fork oil, you think I should do that with less than 10K miles on the bike? I already ordered the brake fluid, clutch fluid, and spark plug. I ditched the idea about replacing the oil screens. And I don't think the sprockets, or chain, will need changing yet.

·
Registered
125 Posts
+1 paab

Your approach is admirable since those who seem anal about their bikes are often the best to buy from. However, whatever you do, check out those rocker arms. Should be priority number one.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I've been reading about the rocker arms. Not sure if mine will need that or not. As for the fork oil, you think I should do that with less than 10K miles on the bike? I already ordered the brake fluid, clutch fluid, and spark plug. I ditched the idea about replacing the oil screens. And I don't think the sprockets, or chain, will need changing yet.
I'm going to replace my rockers every 10K. The fork oil is definitely going off at 10K. I'd reduce the amount of oil a tad while your at it. The rest of the stuff you listed is good, but doesn't really require any work ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts