SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
or lack there of :hmmm: Anyone have any idea as to why I do not have any compression damping on my 08 610?? This really concerns me a bit now.

I backed out the large plug that you see in the pic, knowing what I would likely get as an end result...and yep, I was right. I lost a good couple ounces of fluid after that dumbo move.

Thanks in advance for the help and btw, yes, I am new here so HELLO to everyone. Been lurking for a while, but just got on board my 610 a month ago or so.

Here's a pic of what I am seeing

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm under the impression that the 08s didnt get it, even though Husky had initially advertised the bike with it.
yea, doing some more reading, I believe I found my answer over on ADV. This blows...I guess I need to join the complaint bandwagon in hopes of getting some compression adjusters.

Thanks for the input Andrew

·
Registered
961 Posts
Man, that does blow!

Try changing to 5 wt fork oil if the damping is too harsh for your weight.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm running an 07 with adjusters full soft but it's still too stiff. Is yours too stiff or too soft?

(i'm guessing since you tried to 'back out' the srcrew, that it's too stiff out of the box)

·
Registered
965 Posts
Most 05's, 06's and 07's have the compression adjuster, but not the 08's. The fork is stiff at first, but after a while it feels better. I hear a lot of people say that the fork is stiff, but I find that under hard breaking, jumping and aggressive riding, I find it almost just right, bordering on soft... and I am pretty thin.

Try riding around the industrial part of your town and finding a nice loading dock to do a few "acid drops" off and you'll see what I mean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts