SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, new to the site..
Im from WI, 17 years old.. parents bought me a 06 Drz400s (enduro) when I was 16. I wiped out pretty bad a few months ago, and the mother went bazerk; said im gonna kill myself, etc, you know how that goes. As a result, theyre selling it. I turn 18 soon, and am planning to buy a Drz400sm behind their backs when I am old enough. I am an adrenaline junkie, I can't live without bikes, sleds, etc.. Anyways, there is one bike I'm looking at, wondering if its a good deal. Its an 05 Drz400sm with a SSW MRD Pro Comp FULL exhaust, JD jet kit, 3X3 air box mod, Zeta hand gaurds with integrated l.e.d turn signals, smoked l.e.d tail light/fender eliminator kit, brand new pilot power tires, and the bike has 3300 miles. He's asking $3500, let me know what you think!

Here is the link on craigslist:

http://appleton.craigslist.org/mcy/2645891242.html

·
Registered
673 Posts
I would say that is a a good deal has most of the mods it needs done to it are already done and its has low miles for the year! I would say offer him 3g cash and see what he does and negotiate from there but even if hes firm at 3500 thats still not a bad price! Good luck with the parents on the other hand though. I know my mom use to be the same way but she has accepted the fact that shes not gonna keep me away from motorcycles :lol:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Just get your bike "stolen" by a friend and hide it from them :p

·
Registered
335 Posts
same thing happened to me when I totaled my r6, I bought a drz this summer and hid it from my parents for 2 months and then they found out and my dad went out and bought an sxv 550.. they dont care anymore :D

Paid $2500 its an 03 with 5k miles

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sad you feel you need to hide it from your parents.... for that price on the bike in WI you better grab it fast because he obviously is very desperate for a slead!

Wisconsin used SM's get great $$$ because there are not a lot of them around.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dude i totally get it....My parents were very hard on me for riding a street bike. After my first crash...in their eyes it was over. If I bought a new bike they were willing to kick me out. So i bought two lol and that was that.

Listen man...if you want to buy the bike then buy it. Looking back at it now....I would of done things differently. :headscratMaybe try telling your parents you have learned from your past experiences.:hmmm: Maybe make them a deal. Even if you do crash, doing well in other aspects of your life will help them to see that having a bike is your form of release:bannana:. Showing responsibility is key to developing a friendship with your folks:thumbup:.

So work hard.....show them you are a man...not a boy....and all will be fine.

Just my thoughts.. If you need any more advice im here for ya man.:coffee:

Keith Anthony

·
Registered
292 Posts
Just talk with them... if Dad understands better sit down with him. Let him know you learned from your mistakes and this is what you want and are planing to do. It's time to grow up and be a man if they don't want you riding while living at their house deal with it.... it is their house.

Hiding it behind their backs will be nothing but problems... think of what could happen... Dad would have said ok, you get hurt, Dad tells mom dam you and on and on...

I have always taken care of myself all my life and always told my parents what I was going to do. They didn't like some of it but knew I was on the ball and went with it. And I'm 45 so I have lived some....

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's time to grow up and be a man if they don't want you riding while living at their house deal with it.... it is their house.QUOTE]

^^^This^^^

I was told I would lose all financal support from my parents as soon as I owned a motorcycle. So I bought a house in Februrary and my first motorcycle in March :D That was a couple years ago now, but looking back I completely understand my mother's plan. I matured a lot from the time "I was ready for a bike" to the time I could support myself and a bike.... Just guessing, but I bet it saved me a lot of skin.

Regardless, talk to your parents and try to convince them you can have a bike. If you can't, maybe it is because they see something you don't. And regardless, their house, their rules. When it comes right down to it, it is best to respect your parents wishes when they are supporting you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts