SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of selling my Rc51 and possibly going back to supermoto. I want to hear from some people that have done this. Went from street bike to supermoto. I love my Rc but I cant seam to control myself. I dont remember it being as big a problem when I was riding my Xr650r supermoto. Plus I have 2 little kids to think of now so it seams to make me think of slowing down a little (not to much :) )

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm doing the same thing. Selling my R1 and getting a supermoto because my right hand seems to rotate the throttle on it's own.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I started to sell my Duc for another tard, then waffled on it. Glad I didn't. If you can afford both, keep it. It's hard, but I've learned to manage the throttle on the twin and stay out of trouble.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Depends on your roads around and what you do honestly.

I sold my Daytona 675 to get the XR650R. Lot of my riding buddies are a ways away, and its all slab there and back.

Ending up picking up a CBR for a good deal for the longer rides.

If you have a ton of mountain road stuff around the Sumo is a great only bike. For me with all the slab, its just not really feasible.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responces guys, I am still very much on the fence. I think I may go out for a couple more rides and see if I can manage the speed factor. I wish I still had the money and time to ride track again then I would not have this problem.:rant:

I have a lot of mountain roads but they are 2 to 3 hrs away on the highway so I understand the CBR. All the guys I ride with have sport bikes.

·
Registered
281 Posts
traded the '02 RC for a DRZsm 2 months ago. I don't really miss the RC, other than looking at it in the garage. it was uncomfortable miles mostly and had to get off after 50 miles. In a year or 2 i may regret it more, but right now i'm having fun on the sumo. May be a ducati 796 monster in my future, but that's just because they are so cheap, make a blue/silver one now, and it's great looking. maybe......
will not trade the sumo for anything new however. this one will say in the garage.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I sold my sport bike after buying my motard because I never used it. After two years and some change of nothing but the motard I bought an R1 (still have the motard, can't ever sell that)... don't sell it if you don't have to.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I went from a 06 GSXR750 to a WR250X. Big jump but the fun factor doubled. Hooligan riding is sooo addictive. The cops in my area are cracking down on speeding and the amount of new riders in my area on sport bikes has them really on their toes so i decided it was time to switch it up a little. You can always buy another sport bike as they make thousands everyday. All i can tell you is there are ups and downs. Riding a sport bike in town is somewhat boring, on my super-moto its way fun. Open road ehh not so exciting on my little 250. But as i tell everyone.....Its more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I sold my RC for the same reason and kick myself in the ass every day. I will own another 04'. I have way more fun on my sumo but...its just not the same thing.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I sold my RC for the same reason and kick myself in the ass every day. I will own another 04'. I have way more fun on my sumo but...its just not the same thing.
what do you miss about it ?
I had an '02, and all i miss is it sitting in the garage looking pretty.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I gave up my 07 Gsx-R1000 with full Ohlins all dialed in along with some other changes to go 100% supermoto, loving my SMR510. Had enough of being limited to the roads that could be ridden on, an easier target for the police and finally having a sport bike for street duty no longer made sense. Now I am hitting up a lot more challenging roads that are far better than what I had been riding on. There is no way I will ever return back to owning another sport bike again, plus I am getting a little to old:D Can also say that hunting down squids is even more entertaining to say the least.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I sold my gsxr600 for a sm and I never looked back, the amount of fun this bike is, is unimaginable... Fir example, last night me and a buddy drove around the off road / dirt road that borders a lake, then we went into a skake park and hit some of those jumps, then another dark, woody trail. When was the last time your rc did that? My gix never did.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts