Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says..
there is no way i'm paying $1000 for the akra, or waiting till august for
the fmf.
thinking of just fabricating the rear pipe that conects to the muffler
and conecting it to an aftermarket muffler with the same specs as the
akra ones for the smc(inner buffle daimeter, langth..)
or just cutting the stock pipe that attaches to the stock muffler and conecting it to an aftermarket muffler
what do you guys think?

and of course loading the akra map;)

·
Registered
569 Posts
its possible to do, have to look at what the mount point is, if you need to add one, pay attention to metal if you need to weld one on as welding one type of metal to another can weaken the connections, straps are always possible, etc...

of course other things like you said, size of the headpipe, etc....

anything is possible, post up some pics if you take it on

·
Registered
728 Posts
if the FMF is going to be that far out then i might also make something up. also, i know a guy who can weld up an exhaust for me. he fitted a yoshi undertail exhaust off of a cbr 1000 on his superduke and it came out awesome.

·
Registered
35 Posts
yeah i made my own slip-on for my 690smc. Its the stock slip on off of a rmz450. sounds completley awsome. I will post pics later after my ride. Basically welded an adapter pipe i hacked off my old cbr exhaust then welded it to the 450 pipe. made two hangers that dropped down from the stock exhaust bolt holes. Keep in mind that I suck at welding because I normally run a lathe at work, but the exhaust is sealded so who cares. I still plan on getting a pretty fmf system some day.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I've talked a friend out of his stock CRF450 muffler.

It's going on the 690, hopefully over the weekend.

·
Registered
599 Posts
a brand new bike with that welding?

btw is your rear rebound way off? hard to tell by the angle.

·
Registered
569 Posts
why didn't you make it come up at a similar angle to the stocker and kinda hide it behind the rear number plate? then it might have looked better.

thats what i was thinking, i think thats the most ugly part about it....:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts