Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to sell my bike and possibly buy a hypermotard
any comments

ttp://www.mzriders.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2335
especially those that prevoiously had a supermoto or street moto

·
Registered
541 Posts
What do you have now? What are you hoping to get out of the Hyper?

I have a KTM 625 SMC and an Aprilia SXV 550. The Hyper isn't a real motard. It feels more like a cross between a motard and a sportbike. That being said, it's a blast to ride. I bought the Hyper because most of my friends ride sportbikes and neither the KTM nor the Aprilia did too well over 90mph. The Hyper seems to handle well enough on tight back roads and it still keeps up once you get to triple digit speeds. It's just not as nimble on the real tight stuff.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Why is it so low on HP?
The sxv is a 550 twin and has 70HP.
Are they keepin HP low to make it very reliable like a DRZ 400??

designed for torque- not hp, air cooled, two-valve heads, outdated tech

apples and watermelons dude. the 1000/1100ds is an awesome engine for a street bike.

the 1098R puts out 180 hp
why is the sxv so weak? :D

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
designed for torque- not hp, air cooled, two-valve heads, outdated tech

apples and watermelons dude. the 1000/1100ds is an awesome engine for a street bike.

the 1098R puts out 180 hp
why is the sxv so weak? :D
i heard the 1098R makes 368,78hp on the rear wheel!!!:headscrat

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
back to the topic svx vs hypermotard...
which one is going to be more reliable

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
done deal just droped off deposit and switched ins...
stopping by with check after work

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
first ride was great

·
Registered
480 Posts
I test rode the Hyper, AWSOME bike! Great for smaller rips:thumbup: Then I rode a SuperDuke:burnout: Blew the hyper away :rock: they are close to the same weight once you loose the 27lb boat anchor exhaust! Do yourself a favor and take one for a spin and see how you feel:arsenal Not doggin on the Hyper:boxing: If I didn't buy the SuperDuke it would have been the Hyper! It sucks to have SO many killer bikes to choose from!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Why is it so low on HP?
The sxv is a 550 twin and has 70HP.
Are they keepin HP low to make it very reliable like a DRZ 400??

My SXV lasted 2000 miles and the motor grenaded.

Now, still want 70 HP out of a small twin? I'll pass.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wow looks like I made the right choice... and if the Baggie don't sell I can still play on it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Current hyper 1100s owner...

my 2 cents: quite possibly the most fun you can have on a motorcycle in the canyons/twisties, yea it tops out at 130, has less than 100 hp, not as light as the SXV, and expensive to service, and shit, you'd never want to lay it down. CHA-CHING...

BUT

the bike frickin' rips, and you'd be hard pressed to find anything that can take corners better than it, its plenty fast enough, who frickin' needs to go 180? well maybe in the M5, if not, throw on the race cams, pipes, and intake, and you'll be pushing 100 hp.

Its NOT: the bike to beat an R1 in the straights or go 180 mph.

ride one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
HEhe... Get the Hyper....

My buddies got the Super Duke... great bike.. I have Hyper S out of the box the Super is faster ... but the Hyper taller and seems quicker in the tight stuff super Duke more like a monster just tighter package... as for 1:1 from an acceleration point my buddy did a bit of engine work on his Hyper and few toys and neither I or my friend on the "Super Duke" can catch him... bike gotten really fast... I think he was telling me something like 112 on the Dyno or in that range... great platform for upgrades... bad for pockets... :p

1 - 20 of 32 Posts