SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got pulled over today, alittle while ago actually. I didn't think I did anything wrong so when I got pulled over I was confused. The cop told me someone actually complained and described my bike? So I was very nice and respectfull. I didn't have my registration or proof of insurance on me, but my bike was actually registered and insured. The cop was very nice to me. He gave me a huge break. He ignored that I had a permit and also the fact that I run slicks. He told me to get new tires and some gear. Then he said mail a copy of that stuff to the police station and youll be set. I was almost shocked. The cop kept looking at my bike like it was a spaceship. But I feel very luckey, so im off to buy some tires and do the rest of that stuff. I thought I would share. Always be nice, sometimes it pays off.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Good to hear. +1 on the being nice and respectful. You'll catch a lot more flys with honey than with vinegar :thumbup:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Was this in Orangetown?
have I passed you a few times in the last week or so?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in Orangeberg, but this was in Pearl River, right in town too.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I live in Orangeberg, but this was in Pearl River, right in town too.
Your Mike right?
did you work for Dave a while back?
PM me with the officers name, I'll try to find out who complained

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeaa, thats me. Ill send the pm thanks

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Most 5-0's dig supermotos... so keep your cool and all should be good!
Yeaa, Ive gotten the looks but never been pulled over before on the bike. Theres a first time for everything haha. Now I need to find someone thats 21 so I can take my test.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Nice, good cop! Did he say what the complaint was?? Do you have a good idea what it was?? Thanks for sharing a good story!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yeaa, Ive gotten the looks but never been pulled over before on the bike. Theres a first time for everything haha. Now I need to find someone thats 21 so I can take my test.
Let me know when the test is, I work in Orangeburg, maybe we can set it up. (I'm way over 21)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Let me know when the test is, I work in Orangeburg, maybe we can set it up. (I'm way over 21)

Thanks alot, Ill schedule it soon and let you know.

Im not really sure why you need to be 21 though, its just like a rule I guess, you have to take someone with a bike liscence over 21 in order to take the test.

Nice, good cop! Did he say what the complaint was?? Do you have a good idea what it was?? Thanks for sharing a good story!
Im pretty sure it was for doing a wheelie, but I could be wrong. He didn't really say.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Nice, if you don't mind I'll hijack the thread a bit and tell my own story haha

I first bought my supermoto and became broke rather quickly, so I had no money to register the bike. I had my old plates from my GSX-R that were still legal and registered to me but obviously not for the DRZ. So I was riding without proof of insurance (I HAD insurance, just no cards), on plates that didn't belong to the bike, and I was speeding almost 15 over. I was nice, courteous, respectful and the cop let me off, didn't even write me a WARNING. He said that by all means he could have impounded the bike and arrested me if he really wanted to, but said I seemed like a nice kid.

Told me, very sternely, "Go home. Park the bike. And if I, somehow, find out you rode it, moved it, even sat on it and made engine noises before it's registered I'll see to it the bike is crushed. And have a nice day" :lol:

Beleive me, I was an idiot, it was not smart on my part in any way, but it was probably the biggest *phew* moment of my life :D

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Beleive me, I was an idiot, it was not smart on my part in any way, but it was probably the biggest *phew* moment of my life :D

I know exactly how you feel :lol:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Lol. I keep getting close to splitting lanes on my daily commute, but everytime I resist it seems 60% of the time there is a patrol car at the light in the opposite lane or able to see me. I want to ride like a hooligan, but you know... i'm going to have to wait to get out of Houston traffic to do it without getting the cuffs!

AND i have no tickets period. So I'm trying to watch it. I keep it to 15-20 mph maximum over traffic, which in Houston ain't bad.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks alot, Ill schedule it soon and let you know.

Im not really sure why you need to be 21 though, its just like a rule I guess, you have to take someone with a bike liscence over 21 in order to take the test.

Im pretty sure it was for doing a wheelie, but I could be wrong. He didn't really say.

I spoke to him today, someone went to the Police booth in town & complained that "A blue motorcycle was doing wheelies on Middletown rd." he said the people across the street from where you were stopped were all pointing to you, and that you should do that kind of stuff on the roads less traveled. :clap:
I'm just glad the person said it was blue, usually when a less descriptive complaint comes in they come to work to ask me if I was there. :laughingr

1 - 19 of 19 Posts