SuperMoto Junkie banner

The Green Blurrrrrrrr followed by Bluuuuue

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  scyrracing424 
#1 ·
Road tested the KX last night in my cul de sac........... HOLY SHITSKY !!!! :eek: :eek: :arsenal

Lessons for Brian :bowdown:

#1 No looping the bike (pulls like a Banshi in heat)
#2 No going over the bars while hard braking (stoppie heaven)
I can "bury" the forks.... More $$$$$ I guess....
#3 Brand new Avons stick like "you know what" to a blanket
#4 Gonna have arms like "Popeye" in no time
#5 Never gonna test ride the KX after a couple scotches in MY neibourhood
ever again............. :clap:

Can't wait to get to Canby this weekend :thumbup: :thumbup:

#3 ·
Distanzias SM's............. first thing I did was take it hard over to the edge for the first scuffing at about 15-20 mph, not even a hint of sliding......dead cold with release agent all over them !! Next stop the track :D

#10 ·
Gee Wizzz Thanks Dan !! ( he gives great bike handling advice as well)
The last pict was taken in the afternoon and got passed by a pro into turn one :rant: I hung with him for 2-3 tirns and learned his name was Mr deep... Shit, boot out or road race style ?????? I was over my head so decided to back off and go back to my own pace. The KX is quite controllable, but I learned that wheelying outa corners you have to make sure the front tire is straight when you land or it screws up your line into the next corner... I also learned that to loft the front tire in the first four gears needs no clutch......1st, 2nd and 3rd were ok, but full throttle into 4th ???, couldn't do it with the clutch..... BRIAN ! blip the throttle ... Duh... after that I enjoyed 4th gear wheelies...(Ron's buddy Paul told me that) I LOVE power wheelies !!!!!
I'm raving here cause I think that any newby who wants to try it, do it ,and stick with it and help this sport GROW !!!

The KX 500 is a very powerful/fast bike and deserves a little respect, for those who want to try a big bore two stroke go with old gas and over mixed with oil... keeps the power down.... I will go with 34 to 1 and race gas !!!! next time ( 44 to 1 with old gas was what I ran that day) weight lifting is a must If you wanna get serious....... POPEYE !!!!!!

I am a beginner and will never forget that.... doesn't matter how big you think your dick is... there will be someone else who will be faster.....

The bike handled perfect, broke a kick starter and spun a clutch backing nut off........ :thumbup: :thumbup: fixed the last one and pushed started the bike for the rest of the day... Whew !!!

as for the new Avon SM's ??? fuggin perfect... they stuck all day long !!!!!
for those who are on the fence BUY THEM !!!!! I late braked a few times and had waaaay tooo much front brake, and the Avon Distanzia's never let me down...... My buddy who races open GSXR 1 k's was blown away by how well they stuck ( he has a KX 500 as well and wants a Full SM set up, any used stuff out there ??? oh yea he got bit hard that day )

I had a very great day !!!! ( my wife actually watched me the whole day w/o medication....)
Thank you !! Phalt, Ron, Paul, Curt and Dan too !!!!

OK I'll stop :rant: now Later.....................ooops check those Distanzia's LOVE EM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (they picked up some crud but have about 60 laps on them !!!)

Thanks Eddie and John for the Avon's !!!!!!!!! :bowdown:

#13 ·
Nah, that Jake guy was gettin in my way... told that dude to either pick up the pace or go back to novice.... :laughingr :laughingr :laughingr :Funny: :Funny: Just kiddin Mr Holden :bowdown: Jake passed me in one of the last corners....Must have been Paul or the other rider with a last name that begins with a H.... Either way its like being in a 1968 Volkswagen parked on the side of the Hwy and a Semi Truck goes by.........WWWWHHHOOOSH......ok maybe an exageration but they be fast mo fo's....... No mo Cigs, Scotch or beer for me I'll be sippin red wine startin Oct 1st and workin out !!!! :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.