SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well lady and gentlemen, I did it. I didn't think I was going to go through with it, but I just rode to Colorado and back on my drz sm.

The motivation was a to see the old man while he was riding his two wheeled Cadillac in the Rockies. Was going to throw the bike in the back of my little pickup and go, but my friends said they'd come along and it turned into a challenge that I'd have to ride the whole way (three dudes in a single cab going thru the desert is not allowable).

9 days and countless hours on the stock drz seat and one hell of a wrecked back tire, I'm home and here are some pics.

First campsite in Nevada after 600 miles in the first day and a half

Riding thru south Vegas to see the Hoover dam.

Campsite third day in Kent's lake Utah. Beautiful.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You can see where I got the good looks.

The old man and his well earned baby. He still scrapes pegs goin in the twists, and knows about his front brake, so that doesn't come up.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Good on ya. People used to do this, without cell phones and on un-reliable ass bikes... so why not?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
:bowdown::clap:

You the man!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man, it definitely wasn't easy. Not a bad way to see some of the world though.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
And I thought I had an iron butt riding 1400 mile weekend trips on a DRZ. Your ass wins the prize with 3200mi :thumbup: Padded bike shorts help with the stock seat but once you hit the 450mi mark nothing really helps. Thanks for sharing the pics!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gonna post some new pics soon, especially of the 003 bridgestone racing compound tire I RUINED:bannana:

Practiced my second gear wheelies on every on ramp, got decent!:rolleyes2:

Saw 5 tards in one day one the route to pikes peak, was a special day for me.

And don't mind my yellow desert tank, kinda ugly til the bumblebee look happens...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts