SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering on opinions of the husky sm 450, 510, 610...im looking into selling my streetbike and buying one of these, they are cheaper than the ktm's and ducati's and i cant get the mso for the 450 i have to street my current dirtbike.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
is the bike you can not plate a crf450?......if so sell the bike to me.....i will convert the title........then i will sell it back.........we will use monopoly money....hahhahaa............go with the 610

·
Registered
74 Posts
General consensus is the 450/510 is more maintenance intensive but more performance oriented. Typically a track bike.

610 requires less (frequent) maintenance, but is a little tamer and better suited for commuting on the street.

How will you be using the bike?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it will be used on the street but ridden hard, what kind of maintence are we talking about oil changes and valve adjustments?

·
Registered
77 Posts
General consensus is the 450/510 is more maintenance intensive but more performance oriented. Typically a track bike.

610 requires less (frequent) maintenance, but is a little tamer and better suited for commuting on the street.

How will you be using the bike?
My question is off topic a bit, but on topic too...I think.

Currently have an '03 KTM 525EXC in dirt trim. Debating on whether I should bother not converting it, and picking up one more street friendly (IE Maintence) and doing it that way. Thing is, the KTM is damn near payed off, and being in the USMC, I won't be able to put nearly as many miles on it as I'd like, so the quicker maintence schedule wouln't be near the hassle. Plus, I'd hate to buy a bike, then get deployed and be stuck with an extra payment on something I couldn't use for 7 months. On the other hand, I don't know what awaits me with trying to get my Katoom legal, when it blatantly has "Not to be licensed" right on the title...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
My question is off topic a bit, but on topic too...I think.

Currently have an '03 KTM 525EXC in dirt trim. Debating on whether I should bother not converting it, and picking up one more street friendly (IE Maintence) and doing it that way. Thing is, the KTM is damn near payed off, and being in the USMC, I won't be able to put nearly as many miles on it as I'd like, so the quicker maintence schedule wouln't be near the hassle. Plus, I'd hate to buy a bike, then get deployed and be stuck with an extra payment on something I couldn't use for 7 months. On the other hand, I don't know what awaits me with trying to get my Katoom legal, when it blatantly has "Not to be licensed" right on the title...
that not to be liscensed is from your wonderful floridian state......that can be changed if you moved to another state

·
Registered
77 Posts
that not to be liscensed is from your wonderful floridian state......that can be changed if you moved to another state
Grew up in WV, 2 min outside of OH. Title is still registered in WV. The USMC has me stationed down here for my A-school. I figure if I stick with the KTM getting supermoto'ed, the Marine Corps will eventually station me in some state where I can get this legal. :laughingr I just don't know if the headaches of getting the wheels n such, along with a dualsport kit, title hassles, etc, will out weigh the cost of a buy n ride factory SM. I'm still on the fence on this fawkin issue!:Funny:

·
Registered
952 Posts
it will be used on the street but ridden hard, what kind of maintence are we talking about oil changes and valve adjustments?
Lots of oil changes and a handful of valve adj. Its not really that bad but the more you ride the more you have to do it. I do oil every 500mi and valve checks every other oil change. Valves havent budged yet so its not that bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts