SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my carbon heat shields today from carbon-performance.com. I live in North Carolina and they are out of Europe super easy to deal with. The shipping was very fast. Took one week!!! He has a few other carbon parts and he is planning to make more!!! Extemely legit!!!! You are missing out if you don't get the carbon heat shield the stock ones are ugly and get hot. Around $160.

By the way this is for the best supermoto on the planet KTM 690 SMC!!!!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I ordered mine yesterday. What was the turn-around time like? I've ordered tons of stuff from Germany/England/Italy for my VWs so I'd imagine it's the same.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I got mine in about a week.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yea, that guy makes great stuff for sure. I'm praying he comes out with a Carbon skid plate for the SMC.

We should all start asking him for one, so he sees the demand.

JOHN

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ktm 690 smc skid plate

Yea, that guy makes great stuff for sure. I'm praying he comes out with a Carbon skid plate for the SMC.

We should all start asking him for one, so he sees the demand.

JOHN

+1 please make us the carbon skid plate. your quality of carbon fiber is great!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
think?

they look almost as good just painted black. also costs a lot less to paint them black.
it is not always about looks. Carbon heat shields do not get hot Like the stock ones!!!! Less heat more speed!! And also they are lighter . shedding pounds is one of the biggest power gain.

·
Registered
569 Posts
i ordered a set also, unfortunately will probably be out of town when they arrrive, but will give me something to do when i get back

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've been chatting with Roman at Carbon-Performance and he says that Carbon Heel Guards (to replace our black plastic ones) are about 1 month away.

He would also be willing to do a Carbon Skidplate if he had a minimum of 20 orders. Plus, he needs a bike in the shop to measure, etc.... I'd love to give him mine, but I'm a bit far away....lol

Any serious interest in a carbon skidplate???

I think an Akra pipe with his carbon heatshields, some carbon heel guards and a carbon skidplate would look sweet! I'm not too crazy about the carbon engine covers though......

JOHN

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have his heat shield already. definitely getting the heel guard. I'm hoping he'll make the CF fork guards and maybe headlight mask or other body parts.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm in for the carbon skid plate (pic's design?), heat shields, and heels guards.
What about the pic I posted on another thread of the carbon fork guards w/air duct??

Metallitubby, what is something special on the way???

1 - 20 of 51 Posts