SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we put the new fuel pump in and this thing is now an f'in animal! runs perfect now and to my suprise has A LOT more power and the throttle response is now SPOT ON! no more jerkiness or anything, so responsive, yet so smooth.

pulled out of the dealership behind a car that was also leaving the dealership, got to the stop light that is not even an eighth of a mile from the exit to the dealer ship, the guy in front of me pulled over to the side and waved for me to go by him. so i wack the throttle nice and hard in second and the thing stands straight up and i hold the wheelie for a good 8-10 seconds. it was soooo unexpected, but felt soooo good, especially because i usually suck at wheelies.

honestly, it feels like a completely different bike now! :D :bike:

i also went 23 miles after the low fuel light came on to test that out as well since i was having problems there as well. it took 2.95 gallons at fill up so she was gettin good and low just like it should.

also, i'd like to give big props to KTM for helping us out and going the extra mile. the fuel pump is on backorder but they ripped a fuel pump out of a brand new bike that they had sitting there and sent it out UPS next day air. :clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Good to hear that your back up and running! That was cool of KTM to do that!

·
Registered
599 Posts
do you know how many PSI the fuel pressure should be? is there a schreader valve on the rail to measure?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it should be in the mid 50's for psi. we hooked a guage up inline with the fuel line to tell the pressure. the highest it would read was 39 psi and was also fluctuating a lot before changing the pump.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Fuel pump

Whats up with the fuel pump? Why did you replace the old one. How much is it from ktm?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts