SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

WE NEED YOU! The 2008 Seattle 100 is fast approaching! Come be part of the most amazing fundraising event in the PNW! We're raising funds for kidney disease research, and we're doing so with some of the fastest guys in the AMA paddock on Saturday, July 26th. :clap:

Not only is Jake Holden of Corona Honda returning, but so are Josh Hayes of Erion Honda and Danny Eslick of Matsushima Performance! A new face this year ... hold onto your helmets: 6 time AMA Superbike champion Mat Mladin! All of these guys will be in the pits chatting with participants, signing autographs, kissing babies, and riding with us! If the midday pro exhibition is anything like last year, you will NOT want to miss it! :popcorn:

2Fast has structured their track days in such a way supermotos are welcome in levels 100 and 200! We ask for a minimum collection of $500 to get you on the track with the rest of the hooligans, pro and civilian alike. We'll even buy the beer and steak afterwards! :D

We put on an awesome banquet at Green River Community College where the beer is cold, the prime rib is decent, and the presentations, auction, and Q&A with the pros are too much fun! It's great to share a beer and stories with fellow riders, and the auction is a hoot! :lol:

If you need some reminders from last year, check out these conversations:

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=39332
eslick went down passing me around the outside of turn 3. he was carrying so much speed when he went down that he actually passed me on the ground.
*** Ben Spies showed why he is the fastest Superbike rider on the planet. Our on-track videographer for the day, Galen Cook, who laps at just 2-3 seconds off the lap record at PR said that while filming Spies, Ben looked back at him, and then LEFT Galen like he was standing still. Galen said that he actually tried to stay with him, going fast as he could, and said Spies was probably making up a 1/2 second lead on him PER CORNER. On a completely bone stock GSXR 1000 that wasn't sprung or set up for him in any way. Galen said that he couldn't believe how fast Spies - who was probably going 50% or something - completely buried him, and Galen said he was sure that Spies could have broken the lap record on the bike and then some at will. Shows just how good he is.

*** Danny Eslick is friggin' postal on a motard bike. Sideways all the time, knee down, dragging his ears in corners. Un-freakin believable. And he wheelied the bike through turns, out of turns, into turns... whatever... effortlessly. After the exhibition session he put on, and this is no joke, people actually "bowed" to him when he came off the track. He put on a show that left everyone completely floored. I had several people come up to me and ask "how the hell does he do that? I've never seen anything like that... ever... anywhere... and I've been riding motorcycles for 30 years."

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=41328
What the pics don't show is that he was chattering the rear of the bike all over the place whilst sliding with a knee down. Very impressive stuff.
I was there for that! Did you see him and Spies doing can-can wheelies side by side
I know some folks are out of town for the Montana Sheep Festival thing - but that's ok! :rofl: You can still contribute! Check out http://www.cycletuner.com/s100 for details!

For those sticking around the weekend of the 26th, get over to http://www.2-fast.org and get registered for The 2008 Seattle 100!

Thank you for your continued support! :cheers:

//bikerscum

·
Registered
81 Posts
Corey - as the Director of the event, a quick thanks to you for posting up the S100 and inviting all to come out. We'd love to have the motard crowd join us on July 26th, and if Ben Spies joining us last year wasn't good enough... then how about Mat Mladin this year? Josh, Danny, and Jake too... purdy cool that 2Fast has the honor of guys like these coming out to ride with us. From sponsors to registered riders to just coming out to watch, we hope you'll consider. Check out www.seattle100.com for more info!

Brian

P.S. We are looking for a kind soul willing to let Danny Eslick ride his motard bike at the event for a couple sessions. Doesn't have to be a Suzuki: Danny can and will ride anything. Anyone willing to lend their bike to Danny for a couple of sessions (or more, cuz he's wicked to watch) has free entry to the event, all access, track time, and dinner/beer on me at the banquet along with pitting with Danny personally. Very cool dude, and very entertaining. If you're interested, email me at [email protected]. Know someone who might be willing to consider? Let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whu hoppen?

Where'd everybody go? I know at least some of you out there know who Mat Mladin is! I thought the Seattle 100 would at least be a topic folks would wanna chat about.

Are there any participants from this forum? Any spectators? :bike:

·
Registered
542 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I will be bringing down some folks to watch, and several of our CBSBC sport bike club members are participating, as usual. Once again, CBSBC is donating $1000 to the cause!

Dave Preston
Cycle Barn MotorSports Group

1 - 11 of 11 Posts