SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I'm racing a KTM it seems like sharing some parts would be nice

I used to race a Yamaha and currently have a 14 WR450SM with a CA plate that I could probably get pretty good money for

so... should I consider selling it and picking up an FS570? What do I need to be aware of on them?

·
Registered
53 Posts
You should buy one! There is really nothing out of the ordinary with these. Checking the valves, changing the oil, like you would for any hi perf bike. I saw something
about maybe installing a manual cam chain tensioner, but it was just from one guy. Keeping the fuel filtered to to save the injector
too, I guess. Worst part will be finding one with low mileage!

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he says in the ad:

- Seat concepts black stock comfy seat is on order and will be here in a week or so ( $225 ) ( first pic is how bike will look )

so yeah, it's a little sleazy, especially as a first pic

it's close enough to me that I'd go check it out in person

I didn't think you could easily run a 21" front though, due to the brake... right?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd have expected interference between the caliper and spokes, since the spokes for the 21" wheel don't slope in as steeply. I know it's a problem when fitting 21" front to 690SMC.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That one ended up selling. I started looking around and realized I should ask a friend who has one.

Turns out his has 4500-5k miles on it and he started finding some magnetic shavings stuck to the drain plug:

I've still got mine and was planning to take it to a shop the second week of July to have them get it road worthy for sale since I'm clearly not going to ride it. It's a FS570SM. Still needs to be run through from top to bottom, there were some oil shavings in the pan on the prior 2 oil changes (15ish hours of engine run time), rear tire is toast and brakes are totally soft after sitting. Want to buy it as is? I'll cut you a hell of a deal.
I'd like to get in the $2ks and big enough that it could need a trans and/or motor rebuild but might not.
Less than 5k miles, probably less than 4500, not sure on hours. Bike has FMF exhaust, trail tech computer, seat concepts seat, J&D jetting fuel programmer.
'11. They stuck to the drain magnet so I'm guessing steel. It's entirely possible it needs both a motor and trans or it could just be the clutch dying since the hydraulic clutch wasn't adjusted well when I first got it.

sound like a deal? looks like parts are cheap enough that, doing it myself, unless the head is trash I shouldn't be into it more than 2k in parts... and probably quite a bit less.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts