SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Team Suzuki/Rockstar/OTSFF Supermoto

Round 2 of the CMRC Canadian National Supermoto series found itself back in beautiful Parry Sound, Ontario in conjunction with the 5th annual Sport Bike Rally. Thousands poured into Parry Sound for the motorcycle action all weekend long.

As saturday’s practice ended and sunday’s racing started the day looked good with sunny skies and the beautiful scenery of Georgian Bay right next to us!

Factory Suzuki/ Rockstar /OTSFF Pro rider Peter Marcelli made a statement in early in the day qualifying right up front. “I felt good in practice and knew I could win - says Marcelli. Thom at Coppersmith USA has been helping me get my suspension dialed in and the bike felt really good and stable. We had been struggling for a while now with bike/ suspension setup. It’s tough... we’re the only ones really building a pro level RM-Z450 for supermoto so we have no support. It’s all R&D at this point but I have some very smart people backing me up and that has helped out tons!”

After a long heated battle with Veterans Dave Arnold (#2) and Doug Beattie (#12), Marcelli earned a front row start for the main. Marcelli held off Beattie for most of the heat race feeling the pressure from Doug the whole time. “I kept thinking to myself, what’s going to go down here.. I knew he was right there on my butt and I did everything I could to stay ahead. My down fall was the dirt in this case and I just could not find my groove in the rough and choppy dirt section.”- says Marcelli. On the final entry in the dirt before the checkers Baettie used his flat track skills to make a move on Marcelli - diving to the inside to shut the door on Marcelli to take second position for the heat.

The main was exciting from the start. 2 separate red flags and 2 restarts put this supermoto final in the books as the craziest start to a race ever! “I don’t know what happened. All I know is I was glad I wasn’t caught up in both pile ups!” Fortunately no one was seriously injured in both wrecks. Ok so back to racing. Everyone launched into the 3 restart and came out clean. After some dicing for position everyone settled in for the 15 lap main event. Marcelli settled into 3rd position for a while only to make a couple of small mistakes losing his spot. “It was tight racing, no room for mistakes on this track.” - says Marcelli. At around the 8th lap Marcelli snagged a hay bail in a fast corner twisting his ankle and leg. “It hurt like hell for about 20 seconds and then I regrouped and got back in the race. by then I lost a bunch of positions.” Marcelli jumped into another great 6 lap battle for 7th with AMA lites rider Ryan Kerr (#289) and Kawasaki Canada’s Adam Jabouri (#5). The pain was too much for Marcelli and was ultimately overcome by the 2 riders. “I pushed and pushed to get by Ryan Kerr making multiple attempts to dive in on him, we were soo close.. it was a very heated battle, but I didn’t want to take any more chances.” Marcelli ended the day up with 8th.

Team Suzuki/Rockstar/OTSFF Supermoto would like to thank our sponsors for their continued support.
Suzuki, Rockstar, OTSFF (sports management group), Troy Lee Designs, Ogio, Ohlins - Coppersmith, Metzeler, VP fuels, Cycra, Spy, Suzuki Genuine Accessories, Supermotoengineering.com, Hinson Clutch Components, Hindle, Phat MX.com, Stif Creative Works, Condor Racing, printing services provided by Tower Litho.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts